Uic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morriske

This is my fur child
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, if the interview scheduling chart shows up on your status page, this means you have an interview invite?

Members don't see this ad.

So, if the interview scheduling chart shows up on your status page, this means you have an interview invite?

That's exactly what it means. You should be receiving something in the mail soon too, but they didn't send emails. Call them to schedule. Congratulations.

Yay, I just checked my status and I have that scheduling chart too! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
does uic have a hold policy too? i've been complete there since 8/21...no status change yet!

Grats Morriske!!!! I am hoping to snag a UIC invite myself! Grats again:)

thanks for the response morriske. congrats and good luck with the interview.

I was complete on 9/7....so far I got nothing. ugh.

Do you get a login name & password when u r complete?
I mailed mine like two weeks ago, but no complete e-mail. :(

Lil bit :) Thanks

And congrats on pritzker too.

I was complete on 9/7....so far I got nothing. ugh.

I've got nothing either....we're in the same boat...hopefully we'll both hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Uic Status Change from "Application is in process" to "Application in process"

Im confused

Im confused

bummer man, o well.. can't win them all!

j/k :laugh: I'm still Application IS in process. I have been so since 8/3, and am IS, have competitive stats, and go to U of I for undergrad!!! I think they are just slow and unorganized... at least I hope so.

On a sidenote, i don't believe i ever got a complete email from them. Did other people? I can see my status is "Application IS in process" and can see when my supplemental materials were turned in, but I don't think I ever got an e-mail from them since this. Was I to get an e-mail or what?

j/k :laugh: I'm still Application IS in process. I have been so since 8/3, and am IS, have competitive stats, and go to U of I for undergrad!!! I think they are just slow and unorganized... at least I hope so.

On a sidenote, i don't believe i ever got a complete email from them. Did other people? I can see my status is "Application IS in process" and can see when my supplemental materials were turned in, but I don't think I ever got an e-mail from them since this. Was I to get an e-mail or what?

here's to hoping that it's because of slowness on their part. I'm also IS, good stats, etc. My status still says "Application IS in process". At least they've changed your status, DrVN!

The last email I got from them was the link to the secondary. I don't think they send any complete mail.

Im confused

Now see, I thought I was just seeing things. Mine now says "Applicant in Process". I thkn it means we are under review now????? Maybe, just wishful thinking..LOL.

Julius,

I never got a complete email, just checked my status every day (well truthfully several times a day LOL) I am at UIC are you here or at Urbana?

Marcia

no complete e-mail. If I remember correctly, I couldn't click next until my app was complete. So I don't think your app can be "in process" until you are complete. :luck: :luck: to everyone and PM me if you choose 10/18 for your interview date.

Now see, I thought I was just seeing things. Mine now says "Applicant in Process". I thkn it means we are under review now????? Maybe, just wishful thinking..LOL.

Julius,

I never got a complete email, just checked my status every day (well truthfully several times a day LOL) I am at UIC are you here or at Urbana?

Marcia

Hey.. I'm at Urbana. I was gonna comment on the similarities of our netID's... but on second thought that pretty much exposes both of our true identities. Anyways, mine is VERY similar to yours... you just throw an extra 'm' in there.. small world, huh?

and whoah!! your's says "Applicant" in process??? are there 3 variations here or did someone misquote somewhere?? (my paranoia isn't too noticeable, is it?)

To the people with UIC interviews: did you get any letter in the mail telling you to schedule the interview? My interview letter date is 9/29, but I still haven't received any letter.

Hey.. I'm at Urbana. I was gonna comment on the similarities of our netID's... but on second thought that pretty much exposes both of our true identities. Anyways, mine is VERY similar to yours... you just throw an extra 'm' in there.. small world, huh?

and whoah!! your's says "Applicant" in process??? are there 3 variations here or did someone misquote somewhere?? (my paranoia isn't too noticeable, is it?)

Whoops, I misquoted, I am "APPLICANT in process."

congrats to those of u who have received the interview invite! I was wondering whether u guys received the status page update before the snail mail letter, or vice versa, or about the same time?

congrats to those of u who have received the interview invite! I was wondering whether u guys received the status page update before the snail mail letter, or vice versa, or about the same time?

I just saw that my status page updated and went ahead and scheduled the interview. I still don't have the snail mail letter. :luck: to you!

Yeah! Yeah! I got the UIC interview table too!!! :luck: to everyone. I can't wait to call them tomorrow! Yes! Woo!!

did u guys just happen to check your status late at night for the first time the whole day, or did ur status actually change in the middle of the night?

Whoops, I misquoted, I am "APPLICANT in process."

ok...mine just changed today to applicant in process. anyone have any idea what this means yet?

did u guys just happen to check your status late at night for the first time the whole day, or did ur status actually change in the middle of the night?

Jackie??? Please tell me you waited, otherwise I'll become an insomniac w/o a doubt....

Today my status changed to "APPLICANT in process"!!! Hope thats a good sign.

I called UIC this morning bout the diff b/w application in process and applicant in process. She told me that applicant in process means it has gone out for review or that it is being reviewed. And that it will take 4-6 weeks to find out the results. That makes NO sense to me because I heard it takes 4-6 to process the app not to review the app. The secretary first told one of my friends that she didnt know what it meant and when I called like 1/2 hour later this is what she said. Can someone please try and call and find out more? It cannot possibly take 4-6 weeks to review an application. It just sounds completely absurd to me because that then means that the bulk of the interviews are going to be after October and that just seems wierd. Thanks.

Jackie??? Please tell me you waited, otherwise I'll become an insomniac w/o a doubt....

Y'all I was up because I am sick and just loaded all of my update pages (Open in Tabs is your friend, natch), and when I groggily clicked on UIC's NEXT button I got the interview schedule tables.

I was like, HOLY S--- BATMAN! Woo! Yeah! Yes!!!:thumbup:

Yesterday was the first day they interviewed regular applicants. As of right now, they have about 24% more applicants than they did last year at this time ~4200 if I remember correctly. Also, at this moment if your application is just being reviewed, it should take 3-4 weeks to receive some sort of decision from the committee (e.g. interview, hold, rejection). It will take longer as the process continues.

How did you find this information out? I am just curious if you called or something.

Also, at this moment if your application is just being reviewed, it should take 3-4 weeks to receive some sort of decision from the committee (e.g. interview, hold, rejection). It will take longer as the process continues.

Did they mention if that is what "Applicant in Process" means? That you are under review?

She seemed really unsure. she said it meant that its gone out for review or is being reviewed. Honestly I dont know, like it all just sounded really shady and I REALLY want more concrete information so whatever anyone finds out will be MUCH appreciated.

Yesterday was the first day they interviewed regular applicants. As of right now, they have about 24% more applicants than they did last year at this time ~4200 if I remember correctly. Also, at this moment if your application is just being reviewed, it should take 3-4 weeks to receive some sort of decision from the committee (e.g. interview, hold, rejection). It will take longer as the process continues.

Actually, they started about 2 weeks ago. My interview was on the 28th. That was deffinitely the first day though, because they told the three of us we were the very first three. They are just a bit slow moving is all.

Has anyone found out what this "applicant in process" means more clearly? I am kind of freaking out.

For those of you who got interviews how long were you complete until your status changed. I have been complete for 2 weeks now and am starting to get antsy

Has anyone found out what this "applicant in process" means more clearly? I am kind of freaking out.

I am getting really nervous as well, all the Chicago schools seem to be the slowest :(

So has anyone called uic to figure out what that "applicant in process" means besides me? I feel like if a lot of ppl bug them they'll have to give us a straight answer.

So has anyone called uic to figure out what that "applicant in process" means besides me? I feel like if a lot of ppl bug them they'll have to give us a straight answer.

I was going to cal on Thursday since that is there application status day, at least it used to be :confused:

u dont have to wait til thurs to ask what something means tho. For your status yes, thursday...but to figure out what this means it doesnt matter what day of the week. i called today for it

u dont have to wait til thurs to ask what something means tho. For your status yes, thursday...but to figure out what this means it doesnt matter what day of the week. i called today for it

I'll call soon, so many calls on the same day will get the same answer, hopefully time will tell. I am getting super nervous.

FYI, I have had the applicant in process message for one week exactly now, so maybe they do take 3-6 weeks for a review :(

For those of you who got interviews how long were you complete until your status changed. I have been complete for 2 weeks now and am starting to get antsy

Prepare to be antsy for a while then...I've been complete for almost 2 months and still have the IS.

Prepare to be antsy for a while then...I've been complete for almost 2 months and still have the IS.

With such a huge school you would think they would have a realy quick admissions process.

I think we should set up some sort of phone system to get some answers ;)

I called today to ask about the difference in Application is in Process and Applicant in Process---this is what I got:

There really is no difference, you might have to wait up to 8 weeks. :(

Looks like the circle of confusion continues.

I called today to ask about the difference in Application is in Process and Applicant in Process---this is what I got:

There really is no difference, you might have to wait up to 8 weeks. :(

Looks like the circle of confusion continues.

*hair pulled out*