Uic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current applicants:

Good luck for the future. I'm an M1 at UIC right now, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me. And if you get that interview schedule page, don't wait until you get a letter from them to schedule the interview, call as soon as you see it. All right, gotta keep studying for Physio exam........

Members don't see this ad.

DocVanNostren- Did u †alk to the secretary or like one of the counselors?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, does UIC still maintain Thursday as the status day?? They used to say so I on the voice-prompts, but now they just say how to check your status online? Anyone know? Thanks:)

Hey, does UIC still maintain Thursday as the status day?? They used to say so I on the voice-prompts, but now they just say how to check your status online? Anyone know? Thanks:)

I'm pretty sure Thursday's the only day. I had a problem with my rec letters there this past summer (how long ago does that seem now?) and they checked my status on a Wednesday, but they even said that was an exception.

I'm pretty sure Thursday's the only day. I had a problem with my rec letters there this past summer (how long ago does that seem now?) and they checked my status on a Wednesday, but they even said that was an exception.

Oh ok, I remember I had a problem earlier this summer with my LORs as well, they told me to call back on Thursday :laugh: Obviously, they like you more than me :p I guess, I'll be calling them around 1 or 2.

what's the word from uic, DrVN? did you call?

what's the word from uic, DrVN? did you call?

Well Applicant in Process means we are out for review. THe person I talked to was really nice, she said within 2 weeks I should hear something and if not I should call back. She also said to keep checking the webpage for an update, looks like things are speeding up :luck:

Well Applicant in Process means we are out for review. THe person I talked to was really nice, she said within 2 weeks I should hear something and if not I should call back. She also said to keep checking the webpage for an update, looks like things are speeding up :luck:

get ready for this:

You just inspired me to call the admissions department myself, and was told that there is no difference between "Applicant in Process" and "Application is in Process". They are the same and the woman I spoke to said she doesn't know why some people are one or the other.

Also, apparently if your status says a letter has been mailed to you and you did not see the interview table, it's a rejection.

get ready for this:

You just inspired me to call the admissions department myself, and was told that there is no difference between "Applicant in Process" and "Application is in Process". They are the same and the woman I spoke to said she doesn't know why some people are one or the other.

Also, apparently if your status says a letter has been mailed to you and you did not see the interview table, it's a rejection.

So you got the response I got yesterday :laugh: I think that applicant in process really means we are out for review, there has to be a difference. Lets hope for that calender! :luck:

So you got the response I got yesterday :laugh: I think that applicant in process really means we are out for review, there has to be a difference. Lets hope for that calender! :luck:

that's what i'm thinking. there must be a difference. good luck!

does anyone know how uic views multiple mcat scores? do they take the highest one or the best in each section? also, anyone know the average gpa/mcat at uic? thanks! :)

It looks like UIC offers am and pm interview spots. Does anyone know which at time each spot ends. thanks!

does anyone know how uic views multiple mcat scores? do they take the highest one or the best in each section? also, anyone know the average gpa/mcat at uic? thanks! :)

cbenedic-

For those entering in 2005, the average 'cat was 30 P (average of 10 in each section.) The ave gpa was 3.58 overall, 3.51 in science.