UIWRSO interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kln16

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! UIWRSO is my top choice and I would love to do well in the interview. Could anyone give me more information like:
How was the interview?
How did you prepare?
How did you feel you did?
Did you get accepted?

You dont have to answer each question but any information helps! THANK YOU

Members don't see this ad.

How was the interview?
It was pretty laid back and I felt very comfortable the entire time. The first day was a 1 on 1 interview and the second day was a group session which we learned more about the actual program, spoke with faculty, and spoke with current students. In the 1v1 I was asked to tell a little bit about myself, why UIWRSO, a specific leadership situation in clinic or class, and to tell more about the doctors I had worked with. There were more questions but I can't remember. Make sure you have a few questions prepared for both sessions.

How did you prepare?
I spent about 30 minutes reviewing their website. I also read over my personal statement as well. I'd suggest googling San Antonio a bit too.

Awesome in both sessions. My 1v1 interviewer graduated in the same class as a doctor I worked with and apparently were decent friends. For the group interview I was really the only candidate interacting with faculty/students in the group session.

Did you get accepted?
Yes, along with a modest scholarship I didn't expect. I think I'm going to choose ICO though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
How was the interview?
It was pretty laid back and I felt very comfortable the entire time. The first day was a 1 on 1 interview and the second day was a group session which we learned more about the actual program, spoke with faculty, and spoke with current students. In the 1v1 I was asked to tell a little bit about myself, why UIWRSO, a specific leadership situation in clinic or class, and to tell more about the doctors I had worked with. There were more questions but I can't remember. Make sure you have a few questions prepared for both sessions.

How did you prepare?
I spent about 30 minutes reviewing their website. I also read over my personal statement as well. I'd suggest googling San Antonio a bit too.

Awesome in both sessions. My 1v1 interviewer graduated in the same class as a doctor I worked with and apparently were decent friends. For the group interview I was really the only candidate interacting with faculty/students in the group session.

Did you get accepted?
Yes, along with a modest scholarship I didn't expect. I chose UIWRSO over 3 other programs.
thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

How was the interview?
It was very good, very relaxed. It was pretty quick, about 20ish minutes. I believe that there are a pool of faculty that they utilize for their interviews, so it’s possible you won’t get the same experience as the next person, depending on who you talk to. Although, I got the general vibe that most of the faculty are on the same page, so I don’t think it’ll be too different. In my 1 on 1, I was asked to tell a little bit about myself, why I wanted to go to RSO specifically, how my professors/employers would describe me in three words, and to talk my most challenging experience, and also a moment that I felt the most proud of myself.

How did you prepare?
I went through the RSO website, just refresh myself on their mission and values. I also just spent some time self reflecting. This made it easier to pull memories and thoughts when I was asked different questions instead of having to sit and think about it during the interview.

I think I did well! After my 1 on 1, I asked my faculty member what three qualities she often sees in successful students, and she seemed impressed with that, so definitely come prepared with questions! Also, be prepared to ask questions In the group interview, specifically for the current students that you will get to talk with.

Did you get accepted?
Yes and I will be going!

Hope this helps a little bit, feel free to ask anymore questions!

Hi!

How was the interview?
It was very good, very relaxed. It was pretty quick, about 20ish minutes. I believe that there are a pool of faculty that they utilize for their interviews, so it’s possible you won’t get the same experience as the next person, depending on who you talk to. Although, I got the general vibe that most of the faculty are on the same page, so I don’t think it’ll be too different. In my 1 on 1, I was asked to tell a little bit about myself, why I wanted to go to RSO specifically, how my professors/employers would describe me in three words, and to talk my most challenging experience, and also a moment that I felt the most proud of myself.

How did you prepare?
I went through the RSO website, just refresh myself on their mission and values. I also just spent some time self reflecting. This made it easier to pull memories and thoughts when I was asked different questions instead of having to sit and think about it during the interview.

I think I did well! After my 1 on 1, I asked my faculty member what three qualities she often sees in successful students, and she seemed impressed with that, so definitely come prepared with questions! Also, be prepared to ask questions In the group interview, specifically for the current students that you will get to talk with.

Did you get accepted?
Yes and I will be going!

Hope this helps a little bit, feel free to ask anymore questions!
thank you! how long did it take for you to hear back from them for your acceptance?

thank you! how long did it take for you to hear back from them for your acceptance?

They actually gave me a timeline right after the group interview. My 1 on 1 was on a Thursday, group interview was on a Friday. After the group they told us they would be meeting to discuss and go over files on the following Tuesday and we would hear back either Wednesday or Thursday. I heard back on Wednesday around noon! So 5 days after my interview process finished, I knew I was accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
How was the interview?

How did you prepare?

Did you get accepted?
Yes, along with a modest scholarship I didn't expect. I think I'm going to choose ICO though.
What was your oat score & gpa ?