UIWSOM vs NYITCOM-jonesboro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zaitoun

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been accepted to NYITCOM-Jonesboro but waitlisted at UIWSOM; however, I attended UIWSOM's first interview of the cycle so there's a good chance I might get accepted off the waitlist. If such circumstance arises, I will have to choose between the two. I want to know what you guys know/think/suggest regarding the two programs. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

From what I know/understand:

NYITCOM has excellent residency placement rates, P/F curriculum, recorded lectures, many research opportunities, provides pathoma/first aid. They are established, accredited and have a good rep. They seem to be very community oriented and care a lot about their students. I don't how their clinical rotation sites are or how many they have.

UIWSOM also has a P/F curriculum. It is closer to my family, friends, and other people important to me since I am a TX resident. Staying in TX will perhaps put me in a better position to obtain residency here, and I want to establish my career in TX. I am somewhat familiar with San Antonio and comfortable with the urban vibe. They have good clinical rotation sites and I think they have done well for a brand new medical school. My support system and UIWSOM's access to GME is why I am leaning more towards UIWSOM; Texas is a pretty DO friendly state perhaps due to TCOM's presence. My only concern is that there are no board scores or a match list to evaluate the effectiveness of their patient based learning curriculum. Please let me know what you think; again, any feedback is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.