UK Vet School Admissions Statistics

Started by SammiiB
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SammiiB

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm really interested in applying to vet school in the UK, and it's pretty hard to find admission stats from them, especially from US applicants!
Please help by posting your stats, whether you were accepted or denied 🙂
thanks!
 
I thought the VMSAR had only each school and their requirements, not admitted/denied stats from applicants?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"VMSAR is a publication containing the admission requirements and contact information for all of the AAVMC member colleges. VMSAR also provides statistical data on numbers of applications and matriculates, and specific information on the slots available at each college. The AAVMC does not sell this book directly. For ordering information, please visit the Purdue University Press (publisher) Web site at http://www.thepress.purdue.edu/ or call (800) 247-6553 (distributor). The price is $35.00, excluding shipping costs. "

And I would also scan the main accepted students stats thread on here.
 
Oh thank you, I had no idea the VMSAR had that! And yes, I've been looking but can't seem to find one...
 
If you're going to buy the paperback version, I would suggest buying it on Amazon, since it's much cheaper there (I bought the Kindle version).

Also, I know Edinburgh has their admission stats online, but I don't think Glasgow released theirs. Personally, I've been going through the successful applicant stats threads for the previous couple of years, and just searching for my school of interest, so you might want to give that a go. 😉
 
If you're going to buy the paperback version, I would suggest buying it on Amazon, since it's much cheaper there (I bought the Kindle version).

Also, I know Edinburgh has their admission stats online, but I don't think Glasgow released theirs. Personally, I've been going through the successful applicant stats threads for the previous couple of years, and just searching for my school of interest, so you might want to give that a go. 😉

Glasgow's changed a lot just in the time I was there...that could be why they are with-holding. I would give you my stats but A) I don't remember and B) probably doesn't mean anything now.