uk vs island at sgu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morrisol

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have been reading a bunch of different forums but im quite confused now. aside from 1 year in uk and one on island what are the real differences that i should be aware of if i get in and have to choose between the two?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're asking about the SGU program where you spend sometime in the UK and then go to the US for rotations that question has been answered already.

Current SGU student here (on the island)... I know some 2nd years that did the 1st year in the UK. From what I hear- there's no US federal aid for that first year in the UK route, so if it's true and you are rich and aren't taking out US loans, go for it. otherwise, it'll cost you a hefty check or do private loans (wouldn't recommend). I've heard the professors are a lot better in the UK compared to the island, so that can be a plus. Otherwise, i'd say just go to Grenada. It's not like you have all this time to explore london/europe on the weekends anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current SGU student here (on the island)... I know some 2nd years that did the 1st year in the UK. From what I hear- there's no US federal aid for that first year in the UK route, so if it's true and you are rich and aren't taking out US loans, go for it. otherwise, it'll cost you a hefty check or do private loans (wouldn't recommend). I've heard the professors are a lot better in the UK compared to the island, so that can be a plus. Otherwise, i'd say just go to Grenada. It's not like you have all this time to explore london/europe on the weekends anyways.
im canadian so its all good we can get a loan

If you have the option between doing the first year in the UK or in Grenada, PLEASE go to the the UK. As someone who recently finished the last term on the island, I can say that I greatly regret not applying to the KBT program. If you are like most people, you will find island life in Grenada to be absolutely miserable. I would much rather have been living in civilization for 1 year, instead of spending 2 years on that godforsaken island. The circumulum is identical in both locations, except in the UK, you will have many of the conveniences you have in the US/Canada and will get to live in a comfortable climate where it is not 86 degrees with high humidity every.....single......day.

A pretty big thing you need to keep in mind is that if you go the KBT route, you are ineligible to match into any residency program in New Jersey. Any Caribbean grad should be wary of things that will limit their options for residency, Canadians especially.