Ulcerative Colitis????

Started by OtisO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtisO

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I do not know if this is allowed, but I am a pre-med student worried about my health. I didn't know where else to ask. Delete it mods if it is inappropriate. Recently I have been dropping pounds (186-176) in a month with hardly any effort. I worked out starting in june for a month solid for four days a week. After that (for the past couple-several weeks), not much more.. I have sudden urges to defecate, but every time I try, I pass gas or maybe a couple pellets come out. I have lost an appetite a little bit but that could be because I am stressed from being on WebMD and thinking that I am dying.. lol. I have (what I call) a rectal pain. Nothing external but internal right before my anus. My stomach hurts a little bit (lower abdomen). My back hurts and my knees ache but they always do... I was 178.5lbs yesterday morning with only underwear on. This morning, same conditions, I was 176.5... I've noticed losing weight for a couple weeks now and that is when I started freaking out as I started at 193 during the start of june. I don't know if it is because I worked out (and I never work out) and it kicked in my metabolism... I just think it is weird. Also, not diarrhea much or bloody stools... Let me know what you guys think and I will answer any other Q's. THANKS!!!
 
EDIT: My dad has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, autoimmune hepatitis and vitiligo.. His immune system is not nice... this is why i am pondering UC.
 
SDN is not for medical advice.

Not specific for you, but it is very common for pre-meds/med students to start diagnosing themselves with all sorts of medical problems. Go see student health or your primary care if you are worried.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.