Ultimate Radiology Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Geez this makes me have second doubts hat I ranked and matched #1 program I had thought was solid ahead of many of my other programs which was much higher on this list [and also in good locations].
I'm pretty sure I saw that they had a really low response rate, so things are bound to be a little inaccurate this year. It definitely got peoples' attention when they actually published their rankings though, so I imagine a lot more people will respond to the surveys next year.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure I saw that they had a really low response rate, so things are bound to be a little inaccurate this year. It definitely got peoples' attention when they actually published their rankings though, so I imagine a lot more people will respond to the surveys next year.

Definitely...I feel like the rankings will change dramatically this June/July after more people respond. However, anything that is survey-based will always be sub-par.

Did anyone ever do any modifications to the original ranking from the OP?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, as I start planning to apply this September, do you think this ranking list is useful? Or stick with the tried-and-true doximity ranking? It likely won't affect my applications much, but just for my OCD spreadsheets, would be cool to have the most legit 'program rank' order. Cheers for any help

Only use them as very loose guidelines. Don't choose a program because it's #3 vs #12 on this list. the general tiers are helpful, but splitting hairs between 10 closely reputable programs is a waste

Reactions: 1 user
Just a quick glance from this list

UPMC is ranked too high. It's not better regarded than BWH.
NYC programs including Columbia and NYU too low.

I honestly never had good impression of people who came out of MIR nor is MIR/wash U a true national name to people outside of radiology, but whatever.

Duke had to scramble for IR fellows this year (I heard).

If you are going for national name, in my opinion, the real national names to lay people are Harvards, Yale, Columbia, Penn, Stanford, Cornell, Mayo maybe Duke, maybe Dartmouth, maybe Michigan (cuz of sports), Maybe University of California (gets lumped by lay people), maybe NYU. Basically, Ivy league + stanford + NYU + duke + mayo. Wash U is not that strong of a name to lay people, nor UPMC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user