Ultimate Secondary Completion Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Espadaleader

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Step 1: Pre-Write Duke Secondary (All 6 Essays)
Step 2: Receive Secondaries From Other Medical Schools and Complete Them With Ease.

I am being silly here but seriously, I am doing secondaries now and the Duke secondary is so exhaustive that I either directly or indirectly answers all possible secondary questions. If you pre-write the Duke secondary first (even though its harder initially) it really cuts down on the difficultly of the entire process. For me at least. It may or may not work for you. Try it though.

Members don't see this ad.

And if you're not applying to Duke?

Great plan

I posted this somewhere else, but all you have to do is answer:
1. What is a challenge you overcame?
2. How are you unique?
3. Why medicine?
Expound upon these with who's, what's, and why's as necessary

Then look up schools' mission statements and find out what you like about them.
You are now done with 70% of essays and can focus on other random ones (Duke, Ohio State, etc.)

Step 1: Pre-Write Duke Secondary (All 6 Essays)
Step 2: Receive Secondaries From Other Medical Schools and Complete Them With Ease.

I am being silly here but seriously, I am doing secondaries now and the Duke secondary is so exhaustive that I either directly or indirectly answers all possible secondary questions. If you pre-write the Duke secondary first (even though its harder initially) it really cuts down on the difficultly of the entire process. For me at least. It may or may not work for you. Try it though.

Duke changed a couple essays last year so be careful.