Ultrasound guided injection courses/workshops?

Started by Karying14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Karying14

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I was wondeirng if there are any upcoming ultrasound courses or workshops? The physiatry group that I just joined just got a ultrasound machine and they want me to learn to do ultrasound guided injections. I didn't get much exposure to it in residency. I know of the AAPMR ultrasound course in las vegas in february i think, but are there any other opportunities to learn it? Any ones that are closer to NY in the east coast? Also is there a book that is good and gives a good introductiion and overview of it with good pics? Thanks!
 
Take Levon Nazarian's course at Jefferson in Philadelphia, Dept. of Rheumatology at University of Rochester has a course, Dr. Clark a DC has courses around the country and will come to train you in your office. Other courses include Dr. Smith at Mayo Clinic and University of Michigan Dept. of Radiology.
 
Gulf Coast Ultrasound Institute puts on regular courses. I started there a couple years ago.
 
AIUM held annually at Mayo in July is probably the best overall course which will expose you to the most from the best teachers (Smith, Nazarian, Narouze, Jacobson, Martinoli, Primack, etc).

Who is this Dr Clark DC and why would any physician attempt to learn us from a chiro?

As for books get Jacobson and when you progress get Bianchi/Martinoli. Also check out www.essr.org.