Ultrasound recommendations for blocks and PNS placement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

itzamemario

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any ultrasound machine recommendations that I could use for blocks and probably some PNS placements? I'm looking for a handheld that connects to an iPad or TV screen? Butterfly or something else that wouldn't cost a fortune?
 
Came here to ask the same thing.

I played with Clarius at ASA and it seemed pretty good for $4000, but I wonder if anyone feels the resolution/fps lacking compared to wired units.

I was hired to do all the peripheral nerve stuff and SPRINT. They asked me to choose a new machine for it, and while I’d love an $80k Mindray, I don’t think I do enough to justify that.

I’d love to hear if there are docs doing PNS with handheld ultrasounds.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, I asked for the nice one. Anesthesia won't share theirs and the hospital is cheap, so I'm going with the next best option that they'll probably pay for.