UMass email asking for statement of interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

michiganfan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did everyone get the Umass email asking for an explanation for why we are particularly interested in their program?

As a follow-up to this question, what is UMass particularly known for? Please forgive my ignorance... I have looked extensively at their website and have some ideas, but I just wanted to see if there was something that UMass is well-known for.

Thanks so much for the help!
 
I just did mine based on info from the website. They ask for such a brief response that I don't think I could have fit anything else in.
 
I was a med student at UMass a few years ago and I rotated through the Derm department as a 4th year student. The school itself had a primary care focus, and took only MA applicants at the time. As for the Derm program, it's a broad program with general exposure, from cradle to grave, really. They have a large Mohs department, they have cosmetic exposure, as well as laser clinics. There's a dermpath fellowship so there is a dermpath fellow to learn from, as well. I believe there's also access to primary care derm attendings to rotate with as well. That's about all I remember though.