UMD question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimi1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at UMD back in September and am an instate applicant. I received a letter from them basically saying that they have decided not to make a decision on my application at this time. So last week I sent them a letter of intent. Does any one who has had experience with UMD, or attends UMD, know if many applicants become accepted after this sort of "no decision" status? I don't think I'm on a waitlist quite yet but I don't want to have to wait until the summer to hear a decision. Any advice/insight would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

iwould not worry, it's still early in the year. During my year, I was told by several of my classmates that they went down very low on their waitlist because so many acceptees ended up at other school. maryland's a nice school if you get in though. bit expensive for a state school, don't assume that you will save money here over a private school if you get in somewhere else.