UMDNJ acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scorpiox86n

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from UMDNJ dental school?
I feel like they are taking too long in the decision making process. Also if anyone is in a combined dual degree program between UMDNJ and their university, please let me know if you have heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew my acceptance at UMDNJ so +1

sandie emailed me back, we should find out this week

Members don't see this ad :)
check adsas - it should have infor up if you interviewd after Dec 1st.

AADSAS= Invited for interview? What is it suppose to say?

I interviewed there on Jan 9th. I am waiting for them to call me..

Really turned off by their lack of communication.

No returned phone calls, emails etc.

Not impressed :thumbdown:

I was interviewed Oct something (see predents), accepted December 1st. Paid my deposit and AADSAS changed to 'offer accepted' yesterday. Sandie Armand has been great at getting back to me pretty promptly through email regarding my deposit and other questions.

I was there on the 9th too. I called them today and they said that they'd just recently sent out acceptances for people who interviewed in December, and that they're assuming that their seats are filled until those people who just got accepted respond to them. Those people have thirty days though...meaning sometime in February. During the interview I got the impression that they'd only take about two weeks to respond, but now I'm starting to think that I should just forget about hearing from them for a while.

Thanks Zorie for the information. Well, I will be sitting, waiting and wishing for the call:)

I withdrew my acceptance last week so there's another spot open for somebody! good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my acceptance last week so there's another spot open for somebody! good luck!

Aww, it seems we've gone in opposite directions on the same decision. GL and enjoy yourself at Temple. :D

bump
any news or anyone got an update on whats going on?

No news. Those who interviewed in the Dec. month got new info...those who interviewed in Jan. know nothing yet.

eh, no calls, i don't like being a bother to them. i'll probably wait another week, we'll see.
if anyone else hears something, please post!
good luck

I interviewed on dec 12 and they said that they'd get back to us mid-January. I got my letter Jan 17 and my reply isn't due until Feb 16
but according to predent.com only 5 of the 22 accepted will be attending (this of course isn't the complete number of people accepted)
Hope that helps! and Good luck!!

I interviewed on dec 12 and they said that they'd get back to us mid-January. I got my letter Jan 17 and my reply isn't due until Feb 16
but according to predent.com only 5 of the 22 accepted will be attending (this of course isn't the complete number of people accepted)
Hope that helps! and Good luck!!

good to know, thanks

Hey Dr. B, did your status change for UMDNJ from "Invited for interview" to "Received/Under Review"?

Thanks. :0) Just thought I was the only one, and was freaking out!

has anyone at all gotten scholarship info yet???

I was wondering if anybody who interviewed dec-feb, heard back from UMDNJ yet? Any acceptances or waitlists?

I think the letters are coming this week. I believe the admissions committee met last Friday to make final decisions on their interviewees. GL :luck:

I received a phone call on Feb13th. My status hasnt changed yet. They said I will be receiving letter this week. Good Luck:)

I'll be withdrawing tomorrow, so someone else will probably get my spot. :) Good luck!

I think the letters are coming this week. I believe the admissions committee met last Friday to make final decisions on their interviewees. GL :luck:

how did you hear this? and is this acceptance AND rejection/waitlist letters?

i know someone who got there rejection letter yesterday...but i also know someone who hasn't heard anything yet at all after the interview.

I just declined my offer. My info is below. I'm sure you all know, but they only give you about two weeks to respond, so be sure everything is cleared up before then if you think you might be getting an offer. I didn't think I'd get in when I did and I had a really hard time choosing given other things that had come up since my interview.

I really hope one of you guys gets the spot. Good luck, everyone.

Interview: Jan 9
Acceptance Phone Call: Feb 5
Letter Postmarked: Feb 6
Date Letter Received: about Feb 10 or 11

We all appreciate your posts...and thank you for giving us the update and heads up...good luck in your other choice. :0)

i know someone who got there rejection letter yesterday...but i also know someone who hasn't heard anything yet at all after the interview.

you rang?:)
but yes, still eagerly awaiting the call and/or letter.

and to zorie, thanks for the posts, good luck in d-school.

how did you hear this? and is this acceptance AND rejection/waitlist letters?

That's what Sandie told me in her email response to my question last week.
I'm not sure if they're also sending out the waitlist/rejection letters.

She specifically told me that we should be getting mails "some time next week," i.e. this week. GL every1.:luck:

do they send out post interview rejections, or is that basically what the wait list is?

you rang?:)
but yes, still eagerly awaiting the call and/or letter.

and to zorie, thanks for the posts, good luck in d-school.

Thanks. :)

UMDNJ responded really quickly to my withdrawal, which was nice since I wasn't sure how often they checked their emails and I wanted to be sure they actually received it. I read the email about three times, then burst out laughing at this part:

I wish you great success in your plight to pursue dentistry.

:laugh:

got my acceptance letter in the mail today!!! woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!:D

got my acceptance letter in the mail today!!! woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!:D

Congrats!!!:thumbup: Wow, you must be really happy.

Do you mind asking me when you interviewed and the date of the post stamp on the envelope??!!

Are you going to attend?

thanks! im still freakin out!! i interviewed dec 5th and the letter was dated feb 16th. I will be attending!! :-D