UMDNJ acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey bumpski, congrats! you had the waitlist and acceptance letter, nice. i haven't heard anything yet, still waiting. hopefully see you next year!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody made a facebook group yet? Can't find one but didn't want to make another in case there already is one and I'm just blind. lol

hey bumpski, congrats! you had the waitlist and acceptance letter, nice. i haven't heard anything yet, still waiting. hopefully see you next year!

Thanks dr bojangles! i hope you hear soon! good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i'mmmmmmmmmm ssssssciiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkof waiting......i can't even spelll....i feel like this is so unfair...i interviwed like in my sophomore year when i was in the 7 year program........and they are just taking too long....hopefully the letter is waiting in my mailbox...hang in there everyone!!!!!

i'mmmmmmmmmm ssssssciiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkof waiting......i can't even spelll....i feel like this is so unfair...i interviwed like in my sophomore year when i was in the 7 year program........and they are just taking too long....hopefully the letter is waiting in my mailbox...hang in there everyone!!!!!

ugh, me too! im so anxious, i'm hoping the letter comes soon.
good luck to everyone, hopefully joining y'all this summer!

on the UMDNJ site they show the 5-year curriculum. Is this really common there? Is it so difficult that people need the 5th year? Do they push people into doing a 5th year so the school makes more cash?

Or should I look at it as a positive thing that shows they just really want their students to become dentists even if they need a bit more time to hack it?

on the UMDNJ site they show the 5-year curriculum. Is this really common there? Is it so difficult that people need the 5th year? Do they push people into doing a 5th year so the school makes more cash?

Or should I look at it as a positive thing that shows they just really want their students to become dentists even if they need a bit more time to hack it?

i assume the latter part of your question is right. sure they make a bit more cash, but the less # of students (or less academically qualified students) that they graduate, the worse the school looks.

Do you guys know how strict are they regarding deadline for their disciplinary action disclosure form? My dean of students is taking forever to submit the form and it is due by March 2nd.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know how strict are they regarding deadline for their disciplinary action disclosure form? My dean of students is taking forever to submit the form and it is due by March 2nd.

Call/email them if you're having problems. I had the same problem plus had additional questions about whether or not I needed the form from a school I attended for one continuing education class. They were very friendly to deal with about this and I think as long as they are aware that you are having issues with your school filling it out, they will be lenient towards the due date.

Call/email them if you're having problems. I had the same problem plus had additional questions about whether or not I needed the form from a school I attended for one continuing education class. They were very friendly to deal with about this and I think as long as they are aware that you are having issues with your school filling it out, they will be lenient towards the due date.

Thanks. I was unable to reach anyone today. I will try calling/emailing them tomorrow or I will just go and drop the form in person.

- um, about 5 people from my class went into the 5 year program... it was either that or failing out so they chose that option. UMDNJ is very difficult, I'm not going to lie. Its nice that they offer it so people don't have to drop out of school if they are really struggling. You need to be failing multiple classes I think to really be considering the 5 year program. Or some people had babies in their second or 1st years and decided to break up the time so they could be with their families. It is not something the school pushes people into at all. It is kind of a last resort. But the people in the 5 year program seem very happy and they are all doing well!

My friend got accepted last week, same interview date Jan9th.. GL.
To those who got accepted, did they change your AADSAS status from offer made to offer accepted once they cashed in your cheque? Mine still says offer made. I wonder if I should call them..

Hey for all the dual degree folks. we should be getting a decision before the 27th of march sometime. I think this presentation is for all admitted students (not just dual degree but i may be wrong) so they should wrap up by then I guess?

i emailed sandie she said

Hi Om,

A little busy, but things are ok. :) The tentative presentation date for those who will be offered admissions is March 27th.

That's all that I have for now. When additional information becomes available, I will let you know.

Best,

Sandie

When will the applicants for the dual program receive a notice if they are being interviewed?

at least at njit we dont interview again, that was done in high school or in the middle of college whenever u got in. so you should find out before the 27th sometime prolly that week before i guess. but who knows. i doubt any of the 7 year schools have had any decisions for their students (njit, stevens, farleigh, yada yada so on)

When you say the 27th you mean if we are going to receive an interview, not an admissions decision of acceptance or denial.

stillmatic can you respond if march 27th is when the committee will decide who will be admitted or denied.

Not according to what they said. You will find out personally sometime before then whether you are admitted, however, thats more of an informational session about housing, financial aid, and wat needs to be done in prep for enrollment for the admitted students so its more like a laid back session as sandie made it out to seem.

Not according to what they said. You will find out personally sometime before then whether you are admitted, however, thats more of an informational session about housing, financial aid, and wat needs to be done in prep for enrollment for the admitted students so its more like a laid back session as sandie made it out to seem.

dang. so i guess we should all (4 and 7 year students) be hearing of acceptance in next 2 weeks. that's my assumption.
man, i want this bad......

uhh carborn1, sounds like ur in high school as I was bored at work and rummaged through ur posts. the above date then would not apply to you so i can't help you there.

wow, didn't think i'd be doing this again, but.....

bump

nearly 3.5 months after interviewing, i've heard nothing yet (no waitlist, no rejection, which i guess is good.....)
when i contacted them, they just said something to the effect of "the adcoms are meeting soon and sending more decisions. you should hear shortly"
kind of frustrating:thumbdown:
have you heard calorie?

nearly 3.5 months after interviewing, i've heard nothing yet (no waitlist, no rejection, which i guess is good.....)
when i contacted them, they just said something to the effect of "the adcoms are meeting soon and sending more decisions. you should hear shortly"
kind of frustrating:thumbdown:
have you heard calorie?

i got waitlisted in february after interviewing in jan. yeah, you're probably in a better position than me. i've heard someone similar to your situation getting accepted in early march after not hearing back from them for nearly two months. when did they tell you about the adcom meeting btw?

i got waitlisted in february after interviewing in jan. yeah, you're probably in a better position than me. i've heard someone similar to your situation getting accepted in early march after not hearing back from them for nearly two months. when did they tell you about the adcom meeting btw?

yeah im hoping to hear before april 1st.
i called about a month ago. if you ask for your status, they'll ask did you interview or not. after you say yes, they'll give that generic answer posted above. happened both times i called.
just have to wait:xf:
good luck calorie, keep us posted!

dr. bojangles,

i'm really pulling for you, i was just killing time reading this thread and it sounds like you really want this. I'm gonna send out a prayer for you, it looks like you deserve a spot more than anyone else. just wanted to send a shout out to you, best of luck!

dr. bojangles,

i'm really pulling for you, i was just killing time reading this thread and it sounds like you really want this. I'm gonna send out a prayer for you, it looks like you deserve a spot more than anyone else. just wanted to send a shout out to you, best of luck!

dr786, THANKS!:thumbup: probably nicest thing anyone has said to me on here. and yes, i've been working my @$$ off to get NJ. i live here, so its close to family/friends/gf, cost, AWESOME faculty, i work there now....etc. i really do appreciate your prayers, and wish you all the best wherever you choose (maybe see you in NJ?).
to stillmatic and those in my boat, i called and was told adcom :eek:might:eek: be done, but no guarantees, and they may be meeting again before end of the month.
keep the updates going on this thread. good luck to everyone!:luck:

thanks dr. bojangles. jersey pride indeed. yea i think my dad is gonna call in under the concerned parent guise ( i was initially against this but i dont see what the issue is since linfante loves to see parents taking an interest) and see if he can get extra insider info. ill let u know if anything reverberates back to me. god bless dude.

dr786, THANKS!:thumbup: probably nicest thing anyone has said to me on here. and yes, i've been working my @$$ off to get NJ. i live here, so its close to family/friends/gf, cost, AWESOME faculty, i work there now....etc. i really do appreciate your prayers, and wish you all the best wherever you choose (maybe see you in NJ?).
to stillmatic and those in my boat, i called and was told adcom :eek:might:eek: be done, but no guarantees, and they may be meeting again before end of the month.
keep the updates going on this thread. good luck to everyone!:luck:

Did Sandie tell you that? Darn.. I expected it, but it's a shame. Anyways, thanks for keeping us posted dr bojangles.

sandie mentioned to one of my dual degree friends that the 7 year kids should hear back mid-April. Knowing them they can possibly give a phone decision around then but official letters start coming early May. Dont kno if this helps dr. bojangles, you might hear earlier but at the very latest at this time. Admissions met for the last time tentatively March 27th.

The reason its mid april (April 15th to be exact) from my knowledge is that is the last time the seven year student can fax DAT scores from that day. So there is a bottleneck effect in the form of one student who may choose to take his exam that day to get his score up or whatever.

Late April/Early May is most accurate estimate as May 1st is the deadline that AADSAS needs a list of all students who paid first deposits and have multiple desposits at schools so that they get ultimatums/ rescind admission threats due to their commital to many schools.

anybody want to add or correct me, please do.

Does NJDS require a second deposit? If yes, when is it due?

I'M IN........i'm so happy about this, i had to post about it in a 3rd thread

NJ!:Dw00t

Congrats Dr. Bojangles!! :)

To all dual degrees, we finally heard back. not sure if this interview session is a formality since all of us are coming in at the same time, each commitee member mite take us all into a room and then we reconvene at 10am. No official letter yet but this beats hearing nothing.

Did all regular applicants have lunch/tour/all this stuff below?

The admissions committee has decided to interview 7/8 year articulation applicants who are scheduled to matriculate for the 2009 cycle. You are required to come in on Friday, April 24, 2009 at 9 a.m. and report to the NJDS, Office of Admission - Room B830.

Your day will consist of the following:

Committee interview - 9 a.m.
Committee presentation - 10 a.m.
Financial aid presentation - 11 a.m.
Tour of the facility - 11:45 a.m.
lunch w/ students - 12 p.m.

Congrats Dr. Bojangles!! :)

To all dual degrees, we finally heard back. not sure if this interview session is a formality since all of us are coming in at the same time, each commitee member mite take us all into a room and then we reconvene at 10am. No official letter yet but this beats hearing nothing.

Did all regular applicants have lunch/tour/all this stuff below?

The admissions committee has decided to interview 7/8 year articulation applicants who are scheduled to matriculate for the 2009 cycle. You are required to come in on Friday, April 24, 2009 at 9 a.m. and report to the NJDS, Office of Admission - Room B830.

Your day will consist of the following:

Committee interview - 9 a.m.
Committee presentation - 10 a.m.
Financial aid presentation - 11 a.m.
Tour of the facility - 11:45 a.m.
lunch w/ students - 12 p.m.

yeah, i think our format was similar. interview, presentation, tour, lunch, and i think fin-aid talk was at the end. anyway, good luck:luck:, hopefully see some/all of you in august.

congratulations on your acceptance!!!!!!:thumbup:
i don't know but if anyone has gone to these invitations that consist of the committee interview, lunch, financial aid info etc....let me know how laid back the interview is...is this something like a formal 20-30 minute interview......i think this is pointless b/c we (speaking on behalf of the 7/8 year program students)have already been interviewed...but i guess some dental schools have the right to reinterview you........anyways......if anyone including you Dr. Bojangles, knows any info about these interviews, let me/us know!!!!!!!

dr. bojangles! you got in!!! congratulations, i had a feeling you'd get it. best of luck to you next year, i'll be starting across the river at nyucd this summer!

dr. bojangles! you got in!!! congratulations, i had a feeling you'd get it. best of luck to you next year, i'll be starting across the river at nyucd this summer!

thanks for your support dr786! good luck at nyu, the city is crazy!

i got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YES!! the school that i alway wanted to go to........i think this should be it.....i don't know if UMDNJ will be sending out any more letters........i could be wrong.....the april 24th interview went well and the tour was great..........hope everyone who is still waiting hears from them......although some people don't like to respond.......I thank to everyone for their support and answering my questions......

:-( I am probably the only person ever to be waitlisted ON MAY 1st. Not good, I totally got shafted as I was dual degree and met all their requirements. I am protesting through my school and admissions said they'd look into it.