UMDNJ Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I have been reading this forum for a long time. I finally got off the waitlist and I am completely stoked right now. Looking forward to seeing some of you soon. If you guys have any info about this coming year at SOM I would love to hear it. I pretty much have missed most of the SOM related events. But I am excited to get started!!!

SOM Class of 2013
Hey thakerm! I just got the call today too! It's wild finally hearing from them, especially after reading this message board for months haha. I'm pretty excited to start up in Fall. So excited to finally include this after my signature...

-Elan
UMDNJ-SOM Class of 2013 :-D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey thakerm! I just got the call today too! It's wild finally hearing from them, especially after reading this message board for months haha. I'm pretty excited to start up in Fall. So excited to finally include this after my signature...

-Elan
UMDNJ-SOM Class of 2013 :-D

Hey Elan,

Yeah I actually live really close to SOM and went in to pick up the paperwork and I saw your letter being prepared by April. I remember seeing your name in this forum a while back. congrats. We do not have much time before classes start. Best Tuesday ever!!!

Mihir

Hey guys I have been reading this forum for a long time. I finally got off the waitlist and I am completely stoked right now. Looking forward to seeing some of you soon. If you guys have any info about this coming year at SOM I would love to hear it. I pretty much have missed most of the SOM related events. But I am excited to get started!!!

SOM Class of 2013

congrats!!!! You have not missed too much. The fun will start before you know it. Enjoy your time now because Mr. Toad's Wild Ride will soon begin.

Members don't see this ad :)
Soooo, I have a couple questions now. The first day of class... would it be 'normal' if I brought a laptop in to take notes? See I've never used my laptop for note taking before, but I was told by a first-year student last year that it would be a good idea to do it, and I kind of want to try it out. I guess I'm most nervous about not being able to take sufficient notes and falling behind (...though I'd imagine that's a fear we all share haha)

And also, since commuting from Bergen County isn't really an option, I kind of need to find housing... any suggestions other than waiting for the packet April is sending me???

Thanks!

Soooo, I have a couple questions now. The first day of class... would it be 'normal' if I brought a laptop in to take notes? See I've never used my laptop for note taking before, but I was told by a first-year student last year that it would be a good idea to do it, and I kind of want to try it out. I guess I'm most nervous about not being able to take sufficient notes and falling behind (...though I'd imagine that's a fear we all share haha)

And also, since commuting from Bergen County isn't really an option, I kind of need to find housing... any suggestions other than waiting for the packet April is sending me???

Thanks!

You will start learning in your first day of class. So if you would like to use your laptop for notes, by all means do so. all of the presentations are loaded into Angel before class starts so you can download them the night before and even take notes on them if you want. The way that you will study is all what works for you.

As far as housing, you cannot commute from Bergen county as the cost alone will pay for an apartment. There are several different places that the students live in. Some students live in Stratford, Marlton, Cherry Hill, Voorhees and Lindewold. Some of the more population apartments are The Landings, Timber Ridge, and some others that I do not know.

Thanks!

Hey man, the other option is to print out everything; which if you do it at school comes out to 5 cents a page (but you get a 3k page quota to start with). Also, with some graphics intensive classes like Histo and Anatomy it can be a royal pain to make sensible notes on a ppt. I suggest doing a mix of both laptop note taking and pen-and-paper style, but I guess in the end it's how you learn best.

Oh yeah, and lectures are (usally) recorded and put on iTunes, so you can most of the time use that as a resource to fill in gaps in your notes

k thanks emt2er-doc, i started looking around and found some places that i'm going to go check out tomorrow.

hey just throwing it out there but is there anyone reading this forum that's going to SOM next year and wants a roommate??

hey Elan, I just found out today about getting in and I am super excited but bummed out about having to find a roomie/apt by next week? Are you still looking for a roomie? I'm from Bergen County too, What town are you from?

hey Elan, I just found out today about getting in and I am super excited but bummed out about having to find a roomie/apt by next week? Are you still looking for a roomie? I'm from Bergen County too, What town are you from?
Hey man,

yea i know the feeling of being rushed to find housing and figure everything out haha. I think I'm almost done with getting everything in order for school so I can definitely help you out with things. IM me, SkiEplaya95. I'll tell you where I'm living, I need someone to live with still. I'll tty soon

anyone else recently got off the waitlist or planning on withdrawing?

just got off the waitlistttttttt

yay!

see you all in august : )

hey guys,,,

i just got accepted and I was wondering how you can set up your umdnj email....

hey guys,,,

i just got accepted and I was wondering how you can set up your umdnj email....
You have to wait for the school to give you an ID number. They will aslo give you instructions as to how to proceed.

I recently emailed my withdrawal letter and hope a fellow SDNer gets a nice call this morning. I had a hard time making this decision since SOM is a great school.

Dr. Simplicity-
Thank you! But, I just spoke to Paula Watkins and the list did not change, so I'm not sure your w/drawal email was received. Maybe check on that? Sorry I'm just trying to get off of the wait list and I'm close :).

Status
Not open for further replies.