UMDNJ Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is the class full now?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know when the next adcom meeting is?

Should I call the Admissions if I haven't heard from UMDNJ through email, phone, or letter? My interviewer said that they meet on the 20th and it's been a few days already.

they told me during my interview last month that they've given out 118 seats out of 120 seats

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I call the Admissions if I haven't heard from UMDNJ through email, phone, or letter? My interviewer said that they meet on the 20th and it's been a few days already.

I am sorry but it is highly possible that you are either waitlisted or rejected. They usually call those accepted candidate right after the meeting or a day after it. :(

I am sorry but it is highly possible that you are either waitlisted or rejected. They usually call those accepted candidate right after the meeting or a day after it. :(

That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying it for me....that will make me feel not as bad when I get the letter sometime this week.

Quick questions about admitted students day. Is there a dress code? As in, can I show up in jeans or do I have to ummm wear something classier? Also, what about about parking? Should I just park in patient/visitor parking for the UDP? Thx

Business casual, REDleader. At the very least, no jeans.

Ditto on parking.

well ill be there for housing only so ill be wearing board shorts. haha JK!

Quick questions about admitted students day. Is there a dress code? As in, can I show up in jeans or do I have to ummm wear something classier? Also, what about about parking? Should I just park in patient/visitor parking for the UDP? Thx

I didn't have a chance to make it. How was it? what did they talk about regarding next year?

Does anyone know generally (historically) how much the waitlist moves each year, percentage-wise? And if someone does know, do you know when the waitlist starts to move?? (like around now, or in the summer, or whenever) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to do the entrance interview to get our Fin Aid, or can we wait till closer to the start of school?

anyone know when the next adcom meeting is??

does anyone know anything about the primary care preceptorship program?

does anyone have any information about the wait list?

when will they start taking people off?

hello SDNers... what do you think my chances are for UMDNJ SOM??...

MCAT: 8P, 10V, 10B O ( I went from a 4V to a 10V!!)
Undergrad GPA: 3.52 (science and non-science gpa are at 3.5)
BU MAMS GPA: 3.61

I have done a lot of international and local volunteer work... great LORs...2 years of extensive lab research (drug patent and publications soon)...

The problem is I sent in my supplement fairly late (February)... but i received an interview invite about a two weeks after that. I was completely impressed by the school and would love to attend in the fall.. but i think its a long shot...???

Anyone looking for a roommate?

I will start the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program in May, and I am looking for a roommate.

I know DO program starts in August, but I am putting it out there if you are seeking a roommate. I would be highly interested.

specifically is it hospital or office based, how many hours per week/month, and are the days flexible?

It is officed based. You are paired up with a local family Doc. The schedule is yours to make however, you must complete a minimum of 30 hours by May. If you want to do more, that is up to you. But at least 30 hours.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the class schedule was like for them during the Fall Semester of their first year? Particularly, what did Fridays look like? I know for our class there will be some tweaks, but I'd just like a general idea. Thanks

Can anyone give me an idea of what the class schedule was like for them during the Fall Semester of their first year? Particularly, what did Fridays look like? I know for our class there will be some tweaks, but I'd just like a general idea. Thanks

1st year sometimes 9-5, sometimes 9-3
2nd year: 8-4

Orientation is the usually the first week of August. So if this is the 2nd week then yup, that is about right. We always start in August.

k cool, thanks for the heads up, good thing I didn't make any plans!:idea:

Is UMDNJ done interviewing?

Last edited:
Yea I believe they were done April 8th or 15th and they told me the 15th was the day adcom would meet

Anyone has any advice on how to choose lendors for the Stafford Loans and Grad Plus loans? Greatly appreciated:D

hi all,
i'm glad you guys are excited to start in the fall.
just to let you know, i'm a current 1st year PBL student at umdnj-som.

feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Hope to see you all in a few months!
=)

did they start taking people off the waitlist?

Probably soon, considering interviews are all done with. Now ppl need to decide which school to go to and hopefully they'll go to other places to open up spots for those waitlisted at UMDNJ ;)

So I hear that UMDNJ gives discounts for the internet plans for cell phones. My friend (a first year) tells me he gets a discount for VERIZON... but does UMDNJ give discounts out for the data plans for ATT??????

people have been getting off the waitlist since like february

So I hear that UMDNJ gives discounts for the internet plans for cell phones. My friend (a first year) tells me he gets a discount for VERIZON... but does UMDNJ give discounts out for the data plans for ATT??????

The NJ Hospital Association has a group discount program with Verizon that anyone with a hospital ID, which you will have, can get. I believe its 22% off your base service plan and varing amounts on phones, accessories, etc.

people have been getting off the waitlist since like february

i have heard that they have not moved that many students off the waiting list are waiting for May 15th to roll around so they know where everyone has been accepted to etc.

so I found out that I'm in the "middle 1/3" of the waitlist. Does anybody know how far into the waitlist they have gone in previous years??

hey everyone,
who would be interested in hiking the AT for a week or two after june 20th? I was thinking about starting in tenn or N.C.

I know its random, just bored at work...

Hey everyone. I am thoroughly interested in UMNDJ SOM, but after reading this thread, my dream has become slightly shattered. It seems that most people granted acceptances at this school have a 3.5+ GPA and a 27+ MCAT.

I am a NY resident. My GPA is a 3.1 cum, and about a 3.1 science. I have an upward trend. I have clinical experience, good LORs, a good personal statement, and 3 years of research. MCAT = 27.

So my question is, should I apply to SOM? I feel that there are too many things against me for this school rather than for me. :(
(i.e. out of state, low GPA)

Apply early and make sure you send in the secondary as soon as you submit your aacomas...as long as you show that you really want to go there, i am sure they will give you a chance. Good luck!:)

Hey everyone. I am thoroughly interested in UMNDJ SOM, but after reading this thread, my dream has become slightly shattered. It seems that most people granted acceptances at this school have a 3.5+ GPA and a 27+ MCAT.

I am a NY resident. My GPA is a 3.1 cum, and about a 3.1 science. I have an upward trend. I have clinical experience, good LORs, a good personal statement, and 3 years of research. MCAT = 27.

So my question is, should I apply to SOM? I feel that there are too many things against me for this school rather than for me. :(
(i.e. out of state, low GPA)

Status
Not open for further replies.