You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UMDNJ Discussion thread 2008-2009
Started by mshheaddoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
anyone know when the next adcom meeting is?
Should I call the Admissions if I haven't heard from UMDNJ through email, phone, or letter? My interviewer said that they meet on the 20th and it's been a few days already.
they told me during my interview last month that they've given out 118 seats out of 120 seats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I call the Admissions if I haven't heard from UMDNJ through email, phone, or letter? My interviewer said that they meet on the 20th and it's been a few days already.
I am sorry but it is highly possible that you are either waitlisted or rejected. They usually call those accepted candidate right after the meeting or a day after it. 🙁
I am sorry but it is highly possible that you are either waitlisted or rejected. They usually call those accepted candidate right after the meeting or a day after it. 🙁
That's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying it for me....that will make me feel not as bad when I get the letter sometime this week.
Ditto on parking.
well ill be there for housing only so ill be wearing board shorts. haha JK!
well ill be there for housing only so ill be wearing board shorts. haha JK!
Quick questions about admitted students day. Is there a dress code? As in, can I show up in jeans or do I have to ummm wear something classier? Also, what about about parking? Should I just park in patient/visitor parking for the UDP? Thx
I didn't have a chance to make it. How was it? what did they talk about regarding next year?
I didn't have a chance to make it. How was it? what did they talk about regarding next year?
http://docs.google.com/gb?export=download&id=F.0bc22cdc-1c21-46d6-a42f-61a6a0908244
The link isn't working for me 🙁
The link isn't working for me 🙁
Same here dude, not working for me either🙁
Same here dude, not working for me either🙁
Here it is: http://sites.google.com/site/umdnjsom2013/Home/NewCurriculum-UMDNJ-SOM2009.pdf?attredirects=0
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we need to do the entrance interview to get our Fin Aid, or can we wait till closer to the start of school?
does anyone know anything about the primary care preceptorship program?
What do you want to know?
does anyone have any information about the wait list?
when will they start taking people off?
when will they start taking people off?
hello SDNers... what do you think my chances are for UMDNJ SOM??...
MCAT: 8P, 10V, 10B O ( I went from a 4V to a 10V!!)
Undergrad GPA: 3.52 (science and non-science gpa are at 3.5)
BU MAMS GPA: 3.61
I have done a lot of international and local volunteer work... great LORs...2 years of extensive lab research (drug patent and publications soon)...
The problem is I sent in my supplement fairly late (February)... but i received an interview invite about a two weeks after that. I was completely impressed by the school and would love to attend in the fall.. but i think its a long shot...???
MCAT: 8P, 10V, 10B O ( I went from a 4V to a 10V!!)
Undergrad GPA: 3.52 (science and non-science gpa are at 3.5)
BU MAMS GPA: 3.61
I have done a lot of international and local volunteer work... great LORs...2 years of extensive lab research (drug patent and publications soon)...
The problem is I sent in my supplement fairly late (February)... but i received an interview invite about a two weeks after that. I was completely impressed by the school and would love to attend in the fall.. but i think its a long shot...???
Anyone looking for a roommate?
I will start the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program in May, and I am looking for a roommate.
I know DO program starts in August, but I am putting it out there if you are seeking a roommate. I would be highly interested.
I will start the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program in May, and I am looking for a roommate.
I know DO program starts in August, but I am putting it out there if you are seeking a roommate. I would be highly interested.
What do you want to know?
specifically is it hospital or office based, how many hours per week/month, and are the days flexible?
specifically is it hospital or office based, how many hours per week/month, and are the days flexible?
It is officed based. You are paired up with a local family Doc. The schedule is yours to make however, you must complete a minimum of 30 hours by May. If you want to do more, that is up to you. But at least 30 hours.
Can anyone give me an idea of what the class schedule was like for them during the Fall Semester of their first year? Particularly, what did Fridays look like? I know for our class there will be some tweaks, but I'd just like a general idea. Thanks
1st year sometimes 9-5, sometimes 9-3
2nd year: 8-4
1st year sometimes 9-5, sometimes 9-3
2nd year: 8-4
Thanks ENT2. Are there labs on Fridays?
Thanks ENT2. Are there labs on Fridays?
currently the only labs on Friday are:
1st year, 2nd semester: Anatomy
2nd year, all year: Physical Diagnosis
Hey future classmates! I just noticed that the first year schedule is online. If you're a schedule junkie like I am, I'm sure this is exciting for you too.
http://som.umdnj.edu/education/academic_program/undergrad/calendar1st.html
Just scroll through the months until you hit august, 2009.
See you at white coat!
http://som.umdnj.edu/education/academic_program/undergrad/calendar1st.html
Just scroll through the months until you hit august, 2009.
See you at white coat!
Hey future classmates! I just noticed that the first year schedule is online. If you're a schedule junkie like I am, I'm sure this is exciting for you too.
http://som.umdnj.edu/education/academic_program/undergrad/calendar1st.html
Just scroll through the months until you hit august, 2009.
See you at white coat!
Thanks man. Question though, I skimmed through it and it starts off listing classes AUG. 10, 2009, does our semester start AUG. 10? seems early
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks man. Question though, I skimmed through it and it starts off listing classes AUG. 10, 2009, does our semester start AUG. 10? seems early
Orientation is the usually the first week of August. So if this is the 2nd week then yup, that is about right. We always start in August.
Orientation is the usually the first week of August. So if this is the 2nd week then yup, that is about right. We always start in August.
k cool, thanks for the heads up, good thing I didn't make any plans!

Anyone has any advice on how to choose lendors for the Stafford Loans and Grad Plus loans? Greatly appreciated😀
hi all,
i'm glad you guys are excited to start in the fall.
just to let you know, i'm a current 1st year PBL student at umdnj-som.
feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Hope to see you all in a few months!
=)
i'm glad you guys are excited to start in the fall.
just to let you know, i'm a current 1st year PBL student at umdnj-som.
feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Hope to see you all in a few months!
=)
did they start taking people off the waitlist?
did they start taking people off the waitlist?
i assume they are going to wait until after May 15th.
did they start taking people off the waitlist?
Probably soon, considering interviews are all done with. Now ppl need to decide which school to go to and hopefully they'll go to other places to open up spots for those waitlisted at UMDNJ 😉
So I hear that UMDNJ gives discounts for the internet plans for cell phones. My friend (a first year) tells me he gets a discount for VERIZON... but does UMDNJ give discounts out for the data plans for ATT??????
The NJ Hospital Association has a group discount program with Verizon that anyone with a hospital ID, which you will have, can get. I believe its 22% off your base service plan and varing amounts on phones, accessories, etc.
people have been getting off the waitlist since like february
i have heard that they have not moved that many students off the waiting list are waiting for May 15th to roll around so they know where everyone has been accepted to etc.
so I found out that I'm in the "middle 1/3" of the waitlist. Does anybody know how far into the waitlist they have gone in previous years??
how many people are on the waitlist anyways?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I am thoroughly interested in UMNDJ SOM, but after reading this thread, my dream has become slightly shattered. It seems that most people granted acceptances at this school have a 3.5+ GPA and a 27+ MCAT.
I am a NY resident. My GPA is a 3.1 cum, and about a 3.1 science. I have an upward trend. I have clinical experience, good LORs, a good personal statement, and 3 years of research. MCAT = 27.
So my question is, should I apply to SOM? I feel that there are too many things against me for this school rather than for me. 🙁
(i.e. out of state, low GPA)
I am a NY resident. My GPA is a 3.1 cum, and about a 3.1 science. I have an upward trend. I have clinical experience, good LORs, a good personal statement, and 3 years of research. MCAT = 27.
So my question is, should I apply to SOM? I feel that there are too many things against me for this school rather than for me. 🙁
(i.e. out of state, low GPA)
Apply early and make sure you send in the secondary as soon as you submit your aacomas...as long as you show that you really want to go there, i am sure they will give you a chance. Good luck!🙂
Hey everyone. I am thoroughly interested in UMNDJ SOM, but after reading this thread, my dream has become slightly shattered. It seems that most people granted acceptances at this school have a 3.5+ GPA and a 27+ MCAT.
I am a NY resident. My GPA is a 3.1 cum, and about a 3.1 science. I have an upward trend. I have clinical experience, good LORs, a good personal statement, and 3 years of research. MCAT = 27.
So my question is, should I apply to SOM? I feel that there are too many things against me for this school rather than for me. 🙁
(i.e. out of state, low GPA)
There is only 1 sure way to ensure that you will not get an acceptance:
Do not apply.
You will never know, unless you do.
Do not apply.
You will never know, unless you do.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 69K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 49K