UMDNJ, drexel med, nymc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get into either UMDNJ, Drexel Med, or NYMC with a 3.2 and 32 or something like that? I'm hoping that applying early will help my chances.

Members don't see this ad.

Someone in my family got into NYMC with a 3.1 CGPA, 3.0SGPA and 31 MCAT. But he did a postbac with ~4.0GPA. he was WaitListed then accepted in June along with Drexel WL movment. Reject at NJM though even though a NJ res.

For UMDNJ (NJMS and RWJ) you have a good shot with a 32 MCAT and a 3.2 GPA I think (especially if you're an NJ resident). You lack a little in the GPA but you kinda offset that with your MCAT, so this is why I'm saying you have a good shot. Of course, this is all unpredictable at the end of the day.

Concentrate on your extracurricular activities from now (if you've not done so yet) and your recommendations, and finally of course the interview. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine got into Drexel with a 28 MCAT and a 3.7 GPA. I also know several people who got into UMDNJ-NJMS with high 20's MCATs and 3.2-3.5 GPAs. I'm not sure about RWJ though... I think they're a little more difficult this year, but again, i'm not sure.

I was accepted to Drexel with very similar numbers and I have an upcoming interview at NYMC