New brunswick left a better impression, but I don't know about hours
UMDNJ-NJMS Newark -- The current PD (very well liked) is most likely leaving for personal reasons, and the APD is going to take over. They seem to have a pretty dynamic didactic schedule, and split time between Hackensack (beautiful, busy/rapid turnover private hospital) and Univ Hospital (slower, academic type place). No fellowships. Level 1 Trauma, I believe. I've heard students from there say getting some numbers is an issue, but this is unconfirmed.
UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson New Brunswick -- Large, modern academic complex of hospitals. Busy children's hospital, has fellowships (at least Cardiac). The residents said they worked long hours (65+ on avg), and had weak didactics. Area is young/fun, college aged as Rutgers is next door.
St. Josephs -- Community hospital in an inner-city area, but close to some nice suburban NJ areas and Manhattan is accessible via GW bridge not too far away. Hospital seems to have resources; the ORs are all-new and very modern, within brand new Critical Care tower. Pyxis in every OR. I believe its Level 1 Trauma as well. Chairman and PD are very friendly, as are most of the faculty and staff. They do a good amount of regional, ortho, and peds/neuro.