UMDNJ Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoonDent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken part in the research program at UMDNJ? What can you tell me about it?

What kind of hours?
What did you get out of it?
Do you work on same project each summer if you want?
What exactly are you doing when you're in the lab?

I don't know too much about it so any insight would be helpfull, I'm trying to decide if it would be a good experience.

Thanks.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I just signed up for the research program. The hours and stuff I think really depend on who you're working with and what project you're working on. It sounds pretty interesting, and you really can't go wrong with some research experience unless you have something better already planned out.

I'm assuming you'll be going there in the fall?

Hey,
I did the summer research problem, and it really wasn't that bad, it depends on the lab youre with. In my lab i came in everyday, M-F, with another person, we loaded a sample (which took almost a full day to process) and went home. So, we definitly lucked out as far as hours spent in the lab. Towards the end of the summer you will meet with your mentor and start putting a paper/poster together. In March, we have dental expo day, and you will be required to present your research poster to a couple of judges. Free food, your classmates come and cheer you on, it's not so bad at all. Then...June (I think it was today actually?) there is a conference in Atlantic City that you must go to to present your research once again. All in all, I enjoyed it, I did it my summer entering dental school.