UMDNJ-SOM Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docman457

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for accepted students of the 2017 class.

Members don't see this ad.

Great idea. I am so excited to meet everyone in March for the accepted students day. :)

For some reason, this thread sort of surreal to me. I look forward to meeting you guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
when is the accepted students day? i didn't receive any info on this

Marisol said sometime in March, she didn't specify what day

Hey guys I sent my deposit after my acceptance.

Do we proactively send our Health records and financial aid applications?
Or when the time comes will they mail us more information?

Hey guys, on the waitlist myself, but I can always be hopeful. I was wondering if anyone might be interested in getting together for Shabbat every now and then if I get in?

First off, I want to congratulate all of you for being accepted! This is a very exciting time in your lives (hope you are all relaxing from now until med school starts!!)

I graduated from NSUCOM and am currently finishing up a pediatric residency at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

Now that I am graduating and going off into the real world :eek: I realized I have a lot of books that I either used to study for boards, clinicals, step I,II,III, etc. I am moving and there is just no way I can bring all of them with me. I am selling the ones that I feel were the most useful to me...

1. Clinical Cardiology made ridiculously simple 2nd edition (no highlighting, I have two copies because one was my husband's)
2. Netter Atlas of Human Anatomy 4th edition (brand new in wrapping, extra copy my med school gave out)
3. Clinical Anatomy atlas by The Stanford Project (really helpful during gross anatomy lab)
4. A Photographic Atlas of the Human Body by Tortora (2nd edition)
5. Clinical Neuroanatomy made ridiculously simple, interactive edition with CD-ROM
6. High Yield Embryology 3rd edition (a little highlighting)
7. Textbook of Physical Diagnosis 5th edition by Mark. H. Swartz (no highlighting, also have two copies; life saver when you are starting clinicals or in practice based learning!!)
8. USMLE Step 2 CS (no highlighting)
9. Crush Step 3 3rd edition (some highlighting)
10. NMS Pediatrics 4th edition (cases, questions, and explanations -- really helpful for the clinical shelf exam)
11. Essential Clinical Anatomy 3rd edition (no highlights -- great pictures and explanations)
12. Boards and Wards 3rd edition (a little highlighting)
13. Rapid Review: Pathology (+ highlighting and some writing in the margins -- I read this book twice before step 2)
14. Cardiac Pearls by W. Proctor Harvey
15. Immunobiology 6th edition with interactive CD-ROM (no highlighting)
16. Pediatric Treatment Guideline by Scruggs and Johnson (no highlighting)
17. Pocket Medicine 3rd edition by Sabatine (also great for clinicals because it fits right in your pocket and you can quickly look up answers to all those pimping questions! :thumbup:)

I'm selling all 17 books for $100, plus shipping. If you want to pick them up, since I'm still in NJ, then of course there is no shipping cost! :)

I also did a dual master in public health, so I have a few of those books as well, if anyone is interested...(epidemiology, nutrition, environmental health, and changing the U.S. health care system) -- all four books for $15

Please email me if you are interested: [email protected]

Hi,
We have one room left in our house for the upcoming academic year (2013-2014).
The house is located at 19 Union Ave in Stratford, NJ, which is only two blocks, or roughly a 5 minute walk from school. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a large living room, a very nice finished kitchen, a carpeted basement, 3/4 wrap around porch/deck, and a nice sized backyard. Rent is only $525/month assuming a total of 4 people are living there. Utilities are seperate and will be divided among the 4 occupants.

We currently have 3 med students. You will be the 4th one. If interested, contact [email protected]

There is a listing here where you can view pictures of the house:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...236?source=web

Hi guys,
Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those waiting to hear. I'm a 4th year at SOM, graduating in May and starting residency in EM at our school's program. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. I was also in PBL so can answer any questions about it. Best of luck and welcome!

Beth