UMDNJ-SOM experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dakota0203

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently got into UMDNJ-SOM and was wondering if anyone out there attends this school now and tell me how they enjoy it there? Are the students friendly? What do you do for housing? Are the classes small? How heavy the courseload is? Tell me everthing! Thanks!
 
i was also accepted at umdnjsom, and am planning on attending, i would love for someone from umdnj to answer these questions as well. i could tell you that the classes are small 75, but i'm sure you knew this, and the course load is tough, and i'm sure you knew this also, however, in comparison to other schools, they are a little more flexible in terms of schedule, which allows i presume, for more study time. did you go to the reception on march 3rd? a lot of my questions were answered there, it was really informative, and i was really sold by the school at that point. the university hospital is great, and has a lot of opportunities for rotations and residencies...
 
So you've finally made up your mind huh? I'll see you in August!

Rob
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I told you at the reception that i was sold, i'm glad to see you were too, see you there...
 

I'm about 99% sold... I was (again) very impressed at the reception. I had to wait a while for my ride, and some of the students stayed to chat until I left (at 5pm on a Friday afternoon!). I really like the atmosphere there. I may still be tempted by Penn State, but I doubt it.

Paige