Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UMDNJ-SOM experiences?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by dakota0203, Mar 27, 2000.

1. dakota0203

dakota0203 New Member

I recently got into UMDNJ-SOM and was wondering if anyone out there attends this school now and tell me how they enjoy it there? Are the students friendly? What do you do for housing? Are the classes small? How heavy the courseload is? Tell me everthing! Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pirulo

pirulo Member

i was also accepted at umdnjsom, and am planning on attending, i would love for someone from umdnj to answer these questions as well. i could tell you that the classes are small 75, but i'm sure you knew this, and the course load is tough, and i'm sure you knew this also, however, in comparison to other schools, they are a little more flexible in terms of schedule, which allows i presume, for more study time. did you go to the reception on march 3rd? a lot of my questions were answered there, it was really informative, and i was really sold by the school at that point. the university hospital is great, and has a lot of opportunities for rotations and residencies...

4. Robb1818

Robb1818 Member

So you've finally made up your mind huh? I'll see you in August!

Rob

5. pirulo

pirulo Member

I told you at the reception that i was sold, i'm glad to see you were too, see you there...

6. Naraku

Naraku Senior Member

I'm about 99% sold... I was (again) very impressed at the reception. I had to wait a while for my ride, and some of the students stayed to chat until I left (at 5pm on a Friday afternoon!). I really like the atmosphere there. I may still be tempted by Penn State, but I doubt it.

Paige