UMDNJ Stratford DPT acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

umdnjstratford

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone hear from DPT program at UMDNJ stratford?

I got interviewed on Jan 12, no acceptance or rejection yet.
 
Last edited:
Interviewed 1/4, got a phone call saying I would be accepted maybe a couple weeks later and received my admissions packet within the last week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it has been more than a month after the interview, they still haven't decided and told me they need another two weeks. Is this normal? do I have a chance?
 
it has been more than a month after the interview, they still haven't decided and told me they need another two weeks. Is this normal? do I have a chance?

As long as you haven't been rejected, there is a chance! If they said they need another two weeks, then my guess is (A) you are just off being accepted and they are seeing if the students above you are going to send in their deposit (my window for sending in the deposit was 2 weeks), (B) their next wave of acceptances isn't for 2 weeks, or (C) they are just running behind processing everything (the semester should have started recently so maybe that would be why).

I mentioned in another thread that the high number of applicants this year will likely make the whole process take longer to pan out. For instance, if I get accepted elsewhere, even though I sent in my deposit for UMDNJ-Stratford I may not attend, so you may very well end up getting my spot. But if somebody accepted at my #1 school is doing the same thing, then I have to wait until that person hears from their #1 before I hear from my #1 and UMDNJ wouldn't be able to open that spot until they hear from me, and it creates this long domino effect. This is particularly true of schools that have a small deposit. For instance, the deposit for UMDNJ is $200. With tuition at 60k, $200 is a very small commitment when it comes to my future, so sending in the deposit was a no-brainer for me and others I'm sure. Therefore, this domino effect will be taking place more often for UMDNJ-Stratford than for schools that have a deposit closer to $1000.

Keep your head up! The waiting game sucks but it ain't over 'til it's over!
 
I received a phone call around Jan 20th for my acceptance 🙂... my interview was in late october during that crazy fall snowstorm. But i totally agree with the domino effect, i have a deposit at Temple and UMDNJ, but since UMDNJ is in-state tuition for me, looks like that will be my choice!
 
I interviewed at UMDNJ back in October and STILL havent heard anything. Ive emailed dr. cohen and called but no one has gotten back to me yet. ugghh
 
I was accepted. 😀

My study buddy and I were both accepted at the same time over a month ago. 😀
 
Last edited:
You two are lucky. I am giving up my hope now. Do I need to ask them for rejection confirmation?

Since you had your interview on January 12, I would still give it a week or two. E-mail the program director and ask when you should expect your decision letter. That is how I found out I was rejected from one program.
 
UMDNJ Statford is my absolute top choice. Can anyone post stats....those of you that have been accepted.
 
UMDNJ Statford is my absolute top choice. Can anyone post stats....those of you that have been accepted.

Dude who cares about stats that much? I know people with 3.6 and 3.5 GPA's who were rejected from every school they applied to because of either poor interview performance or poor essays. Stats aren't everything. And it's no use comparing yourself to other people.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone was ever going to say something like that on this forum, and I'm glad someone dide. You would be surprised how far good letters of rec and a meaningful essay can get you.
 
Dude who cares about stats that much? I know people with 3.6 and 3.5 GPA's who were rejected from every school they applied to because of either poor interview performance or poor essays. Stats aren't everything. And it's no use comparing yourself to other people.

Thanks for your input dude. Thats easy to say for someone thats already been accepted and congratulations to you. However some people do no have that luxury yet and have to be realistic about what is next as far as options go.
 
Thanks for your input dude. Thats easy to say for someone thats already been accepted and congratulations to you. However some people do no have that luxury yet and have to be realistic about what is next as far as options go.

Well, the reason I say this is because I know many people with GPA's ranging from 2.9 to 3.8, GRE scores ranging from 1050 to 1110, and volunteer hours ranging from 70 to 3,000+ who were accepted to schools like Temple, UMDNJ Stratford, University of Science Philadelphia, and Thomas Jefferson.

Considering how wide of a range these statistics are and how most people fall anywhere in between, I don't think that it's worth over stressing statistics. I've heard professors say at interviews that GRE, GPA, personal essay, volunteerism, letter of recommendations, and interview performance are all equally weighted in their decision. So they are looking for the overall package, which essentially comes down to character.

Therefore, I think anybody with, for example, a GPA of 3.0 and GRE of 1050 can be a realistic contender anywhere they apply if they have a strong personal essay, volunteerism, letter of recommendations, and interview performance, as well as other strong characteristics, such as knowing how to make connections and being personable.

For what it's worth, here are my basic stats:

GPA 3.26 (cumulative)
GRE Verbal 152 Quantitative 150 Analytical Writing 4.5 (~1110 on old GRE scale)
Hours 80 (50 in patient, 30 out patient)

So as you can see, my statistics weren't exactly phenomenal. However, I spent 2 months writing my 2 1/2 page personal essay and I did well in the interview, which was enough to get me accepted into the program.

There you have it. 😀
 
Last edited:
I was waitlisted into Stratford program a week ago. Anyone know how long I have to wait until I get a definite answer? Do I have to wait until mid-May? Because that sounds awfully painful to wait that long.