UMES pharmacy students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesPharmD

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I asked this for my friend who planned to apply UMES. He heard UMES students required 85% to pass each courses. Is this still true? Is it possible? How hard the course? Plus, he also heard students need to work as gaining experience every Tuesday include their first year of school. How to manage with study stress plus with work and do it all within 3 years.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I asked this for my friend who planned to apply UMES. He heard UMES students required 85% to pass each courses. Is this still true? Is it possible? How hard the course? Plus, he also heard students need to work as gaining experience every Tuesday include their first year of school. How to manage with study stress plus with work and do it all within 3 years.

Any inputs are appreciated.
Yes it is true u need to have an 85% to pass each block if you don't then you get 2 days to prepare for the reassesment after which if you still don't pass then you have to get in to their extended learning and after 4 extended learning then the kicked you out of the program irrespective of your situation. I must advise you to study the student handbook before making any decisions attending this program. Also remember they have some very old policies that where not set up to encourage students. I feel that the program was set up more to fail the students rather than encouraging you to go through succesfully. I do not recommend this program to anybody, they will fail you and have you kicked out. Try somewhere else if you have other alternatives. There is just so many negatives about this program that I do not feel comfortable talking about. Make your decisions wisely. Also check %Naplex pass rate, for the past years it's been very very poor because the raised up the bar to high that students need to have an 85% in thier block exams and because of that students turn to just cramp and dump then when the get to the Naplex they cannot make it through thier first trial.

Yes it is true u need to have an 85% to pass each block if you don't then you get 2 days to prepare for the reassesment after which if you still don't pass then you have to get in to their extended learning and after 4 extended learning then the kicked you out of the program irrespective of your situation. I must advise you to study the student handbook before making any decisions attending this program. Also remember they have some very old policies that where not set up to encourage students. I feel that the program was set up more to fail the students rather than encouraging you to go through succesfully. I do not recommend this program to anybody, they will fail you and have you kicked out. Try somewhere else if you have other alternatives. There is just so many negatives about this program that I do not feel comfortable talking about. Make your decisions wisely. Also check %Naplex pass rate, for the past years it's been very very poor because the raised up the bar to high that students need to have an 85% in thier block exams and because of that students turn to just cramp and dump then when the get to the Naplex they cannot make it through thier first trial.

Can you share the negatives about this program or your experience so far about UMES via PM? For some reasons, I can't PM you.

Thank you for information

Last edited: