UMich automatic interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Homer Simpson said:
Same here. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Lests55 said:
I really appreciate your support and willingness to supply information. Thanks also for some perspective and not calling me out by name. :)
Ha! Anyone who uses "Make it so" in their signature is cool by me. I never got into Kirk, Voyager, Enterprise, or Deep Space Nine, but The Next Generation was a big part of my life for awhile. I had the Enterprise, the transporter, and the bridge. Plus some action figures. Oh, and a tricorder, phaser, and combadge (or whatever it's called). I was (and still am) a dork. I recently found TNG episodes on SpikeTV, so I've been enjoying them in my free time...

To boldly go...

dajimmers said:
Ha! Anyone who uses "Make it so" in their signature is cool by me. I never got into Kirk, Voyager, Enterprise, or Deep Space Nine, but The Next Generation was a big part of my life for awhile. I had the Enterprise, the transporter, and the bridge. Plus some action figures. Oh, and a tricorder, phaser, and combadge (or whatever it's called). I was (and still am) a dork. I recently found TNG episodes on SpikeTV, so I've been enjoying them in my free time...

To boldly go...

Yeah TNG on Spike is great. I come home from work and watch for a couple of hours. My favorite episodes are the later ones which were on a few weeks ago. Apparently they finished the last season of episodes and started up again with the fair point mission about a week ago. They are pretty corny compared to the later ones. Worf and Geordi are still in the red command outfits and Tasha Yar is still there :rolleyes: .

Members don't see this ad :)
WayChanger said:
The invite comes pre-secondary. The only way to find out is through the status website, however. So you send in the primary, UMich emails you the link to the status website, if you passed the screen, your interview invite shows up, and then you complete the secondary. If you don't get an auto-invite, you log in, complete the secondary, and hope for a regular invite.

I don't know if they're doing it this year. Incidentally, the cut-offs for OOS applicants are kinda fuzzy. A lot of people say it is is 3.8/36, but I also received one with a 3.7/38.

Good luck!

I am glad I found this thread just as I was doing a search for sailcrazy to ask him questions about this.

I wanted to know about this because a very good friend of mine is considering applying there.

Her stats are 3.88 and 35R. She is an out of state resident and has tons of ECs. Do you think she would qualify for an automatic interview or does she just barely meet the cutoff???

So can anyone verify what these cutoffs are??? Again this isn't for me. Its for a person who's like a sister to me and needing major help in application stuff.

that's going to be darn close. if the cutoffs are really fuzzy as some here suggest then it could go either way. however, if the cutoffs are hard like the dean said they were last year, where i think the cutoff was 36 for out of state, then i dont think it would cut it. it's still worth applying though, of course.

modelslashactor said:
that's going to be darn close. if the cutoffs are really fuzzy as some here suggest then it could go either way. however, if the cutoffs are hard like the dean said they were last year, where i think the cutoff was 36 for out of state, then i dont think it would cut it. it's still worth applying though, of course.

Ok I'll tell her to apply regardless because I think she might have a shot with her other Extra curriculars and all.

I feel like automatic interviews are probably granted based on numbers alone because I received my invite a day after my application was verified, so I doubt the committee had time to read about my ECs. However, I think your friend should apply because her numbers are good and the cutoff may not be set in stone.

gujuDoc said:
Ok I'll tell her to apply regardless because I think she might have a shot with her other Extra curriculars and all.