UMich Financial Aid!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cm7b5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Michigan's financial aid package is important to me because I am a poor out of stater.....however...I just called them and they said I won't be receiving the financial aid package for another couple of weeks!!! How the heck am I supposed to make a decision without the package!!! May 15th is right around the corner!!!!! Anyone else weirded-out/frustrated by UMichigan's financial incompetence? Einstein's is coming to me within two days.....I mean how hard is this!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ask them for a rough estimate, most schools can at least give you that.

I think every medical school should get financial aid award letters to accepted students by May 15. (Provided the student has all their info in by a certain date). For some of us, money is an issue. It's only fair that if we are told to make our decisions by May 15 ("or else"), we should have all the data in our hands to make that decision. I for one am sick of the condescencing comments made every time someone brings up financial aid: "Just be happy you got in blah blah blah". YES we know we are fortunate to have this decision to make!!!!!
I think schools that don't give us our financial aid packages by 5/15 kind of suck. Maybe in the rarefied culture of medical school it is considered a bit impolite to discuss money. Only the little people care about money after all DAHling. Some of us have EFCs of nothing or next to nothing and there is a reason for this. Make no mistake about it, schools do vary in the financial aid they can and will offer (loan programs they participate in, institutional need-based/merit aid...).I say SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!