SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UMich or Cornell?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Mr. E. Man, May 30, 2000.

1. Mr. E. Man

Mr. E. Man New Member

May 29, 2000
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    I need the sage advice of some current (or former) med students or anyone else...
    I just got off the waitlist at Cornell and must decide whether the benefits of living in the big city are worth an extra $12000 per year (I'm in-state at Michigan). Those of you currently playing the big-money loans game, what do you think? - Will I regret having to pay so much more to go to a school that is "statistically" (US News) pretty even with Michigan just for the thrill of being in a place that I may not even have the financial resources to enjoy?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Junior Member 10+ Year Member

May 24, 2000
    Choose the one with the best financial aid!! You do not want to be paying for your student loans all of your life do you??

4. jawurheemd

jawurheemd xx ToXiC xx 10+ Year Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Illinois
    Even though NYC may be a more "exciting" place, it may not be worth the extra $$$, especially if you are a diligent student and have no free time to enjoy the "exciting" city. Ann Arbor is a cool place to chill plus it has great athletic events. I would go to UMich if I were in your shoes.

In the end, you need to be content with your decision -- go where you heart wants. [​IMG]