UMich, WashU scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incendiary

Fantabulous Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone get an email from Katie Horne about the Dean's Scholarship Program? I'm curious as to what this is, since I have never heard of it before.

Also, does anyone know how many people are selected to apply for the DSS/Full tuition scholarship at WashU? Is it everyone who's accepted?

Any information would be appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know about Michigan since I withdrew my app from there, but I think WashU offers 16 scholarships and they consider everybody who gets accepted from what I understand.

incendiary,
wow!! what a great opportunity to go to michigan free. congrats man!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Incendiary,

I sent you a PM about this, but at the Wash U interview, they said that they invited about a hundred people to apply for the merit scholarships. They also said that they then chose roughly 40 people to interview for it in May. At least I think that's what they said. When I was there, I was just hoping to get in, so I wasn't listening that closely to the merit scholarship stuff :) Anyway, best of luck with that, and congratulations on the Michigan scholarship!!!

Interesting dilemma...If you got the Mich. scholarship, but your dream school was WashU, would you still go to Michigan if you didn't get any scholarship help from WashU? WashU is my dream school, so that would be a really tough decision to make. At the same time, it would be a really nice one, if you know what I mean.