UMinn out-of-state tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GNF8300

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going to UMinn, and I was wondering if anybody going there had accurate out-of-state tuition numbers (non-reciprocity state)? On the D.D.S. Program website the link says it's ~$66-75k a year, but the packet they gave at the interview says ~$85k a year. Which one's legit? I've already sent an email to the financial aid office, but I probably won't hear back too soon, hence the post.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking about going to UMinn, and I was wondering if anybody going there had accurate out-of-state tuition numbers (non-reciprocity state)? On the D.D.S. Program website the link says it's ~$66-75k a year, but the packet they gave at the interview says ~$85k a year. Which one's legit? I've already sent an email to the financial aid office, but I probably won't hear back too soon, hence the post.

I love your business instinct of Minnesota vs. VCU :). Go to the website it's 65-74k/yr.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go by what they say in the Interview packet, they handed it to you personally and talked about it.

Minnesota's tuition will be 78k, 82k, 82.4k for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, respectively. Assuming tuition increases (as UMN stated) 5% a year.

It was 5 or 6 percent, their new simulation lab might be worth the splurge :D

I am a D1 out of state student a UMn right now. The $85K number is the maximum amount of financial aid you can get and includes living expenses in addition to tuition/fees/books etc. I would call and talk to Rockne Bergman. He's the financial aid guru for the Health Sciences on campus and he has a great break down of everything. He was right on for me and very helpful in estimating the amount of $ I'd need since I was moving cross country. Good luck!

I am a D1 out of state student a UMn right now. The $85K number is the maximum amount of financial aid you can get and includes living expenses in addition to tuition/fees/books etc. I would call and talk to Rockne Bergman. He's the financial aid guru for the Health Sciences on campus and he has a great break down of everything. He was right on for me and very helpful in estimating the amount of $ I'd need since I was moving cross country. Good luck!

Thanks. That makes me feel a little bit better. I remeber looking at the $18k for living expenses and thinking I'd be able to cut into that fairly substantially. Cross country from which direction by the way?

I moved from the Rocky Mountain region to Minnesota.