1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UMinn out-of-state tuition

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by GNF8300, Dec 17, 2008.

1. GNF8300

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm thinking about going to UMinn, and I was wondering if anybody going there had accurate out-of-state tuition numbers (non-reciprocity state)? On the D.D.S. Program website the link says it's ~$66-75k a year, but the packet they gave at the interview says ~$85k a year. Which one's legit? I've already sent an email to the financial aid office, but I probably won't hear back too soon, hence the post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    I love your business instinct of Minnesota vs. VCU :). Go to the website it's 65-74k/yr.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  4. Andrew324

7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I would go by what they say in the Interview packet, they handed it to you personally and talked about it.

5. DrReo

10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    Minnesota's tuition will be 78k, 82k, 82.4k for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, respectively. Assuming tuition increases (as UMN stated) 5% a year.

6. DrReo

10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    It was 5 or 6 percent, their new simulation lab might be worth the splurge :D

7. DMDreaming

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I am a D1 out of state student a UMn right now. The $85K number is the maximum amount of financial aid you can get and includes living expenses in addition to tuition/fees/books etc. I would call and talk to Rockne Bergman. He's the financial aid guru for the Health Sciences on campus and he has a great break down of everything. He was right on for me and very helpful in estimating the amount of $ I'd need since I was moving cross country. Good luck!

8. GNF8300

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks. That makes me feel a little bit better. I remeber looking at the $18k for living expenses and thinking I'd be able to cut into that fairly substantially. Cross country from which direction by the way?

9. DMDreaming

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I moved from the Rocky Mountain region to Minnesota.