UMKC Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got a secondary application invite today. Did anyone else get one?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! About how many days after did you receive the invite after submitting supplemental info?
I submitted my supplemental on July 18th so it took about a month.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys submit the CASPer exam prior to hearing back for an interview invite? I see that it’s required for only people who get an interview but I think they have a deadline for it sometime in September?

Did you guys submit the CASPer exam prior to hearing back for an interview invite? I see that it’s required for only people who get an interview but I think they have a deadline for it sometime in September?
Yeah I went ahead and submitted it as early as possible and would recommend that just to get it over with. I'm not sure how much it counts towards someone getting an interview because I did absolutely terrible on mine.

I just got an interview invite, are they doing it all virtual this year ?

I didn't take the casper prior to getting an interview invite

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else here that got an interview now having to petition classes that 'don't fit' UMKC's pre-reqs??

I got rejected today. Didn’t even get an interview and applied on June 2nd. Bummer. Not sure why as I have previous experience as a paramedic, have a 3.97 gpa, scored a 24 on dat with a 30 in bio and lowest score was a 22 in ochem, working as a dental assistant, and also got 1st quartile on my Casper exam. No idea what they didn’t see or didn’t like. I honestly feel like they didn’t even look at my application. I’ve gotten interviews at every other school I applied too. Best of luck to each of you!
Were you a Out of State applicant?

I got rejected today. Didn’t even get an interview and applied on June 2nd. Bummer. Not sure why as I have previous experience as a paramedic, have a 3.97 gpa, scored a 24 on dat with a 30 in bio and lowest score was a 22 in ochem, working as a dental assistant, and also got 1st quartile on my Casper exam. No idea what they didn’t see or didn’t like. I honestly feel like they didn’t even look at my application. I’ve gotten interviews at every other school I applied too. Best of luck to each of you!
what is your state of residence?

Yes I was out of state but have multiple family members there. I know that still means I’m out of state. But I’ve seen kids with pretty awful stats at least get interviews

Yes I was out of state but have multiple family members there. I know that still means I’m out of state. But I’ve seen kids with pretty awful stats at least get interviews
yield management...

UMKC is almost completely MO, KS, AR, NM and HI residents with a few stragglers from other Midwest states. 30 of the 110 seats are also held for the Early Admissions undergrad program so if you aren’t from one of those 5 states there’s not many seats left to compete for.

Did you mean to say fourth quartile on Casper exam? 1st quartile - 0 to 24 percentile. Beside that, it's probably because you're out of state + they feel like you won't attend even if they accept you

Anyone else feeling super nervous about December 15th?

Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance call about 20 minutes ago! OOS Arkansas Resident

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone reserved for interview cycle 2 received any emails yet?
Were you requested to re-interview again for the second phase? And I sent in my updates that the school requested and I received an email back saying they received my updates but that is all so far.

Were you requested to re-interview again for the second phase? And I sent in my updates that the school requested and I received an email back saying they received my updates but that is all so far.
I haven't interviewed. I received an email informing me that I have been selected to be reserved for their second round interview cycle and only a select few reserved are actually interviewed around mid January. I looked at past threads for UMKC and it seems to me that individuals were finding out around January 10th or 11th whether they would interview or not. I was curious if anyone had received any emails about it earlier.

I also sent in my updates and received an email back that they received them, but nothing else so far.

It was early February when they accepted me 2nd round of acceptances last year so anybody still waiting don’t freak out if January ends and you haven’t heard anything.

ahhh man.. Got put in the alternative list but I say that's a step up from my last 2 years of trying. every year I just inch my way closer and closer! first year I got flat out rejected. haha. second year I actually got an interview but after the second wave of considerations, I was not accepted. This time around, I went through the interview, got put in the second wave of considerations, and made it to the alternative list. IM SO CLOSE!!! haha. One day, I'll be a dentist amongst yall.

• Care
ahhh man.. Got put in the alternative list but I say that's a step up from my last 2 years of trying. every year I just inch my way closer and closer! first year I got flat out rejected. haha. second year I actually got an interview but after the second wave of considerations, I was not accepted. This time around, I went through the interview, got put in the second wave of considerations, and made it to the alternative list. IM SO CLOSE!!! haha. One day, I'll be a dentist amongst yall.
There’s still hope. Did anyone else get an email
about being put on the alternate list? I’m currently on the waitlist but I have not heard anything since I submitted my update about 2 weeks ago.

There’s still hope. Did anyone else get an email
about being put on the alternate list? I’m currently on the waitlist but I have not heard anything since I submitted my update about 2 weeks ago.
There is hope indeed! Were you on the alternative list since December 15th?

There is hope indeed! Were you on the alternative list since December 15th?
They said that my application was reserved for the second round of admissions but it is late January and have not heard anything yet still.

They said that my application was reserved for the second round of admissions but it is late January and have not heard anything yet still.
I am in the same boat as you. I saw in last year’s thread that students didn’t find out until February 4th.