UMN interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats and gd luck... see u on 26th :)

hi guys !!!! mine is on sept 26th:)
:thumbup: good luck to all

Members don't see this ad.

Where are most of you guys from? since its on the international dental forum

to all those who got interview call....... go and rock the interview :D

I do not know why, but I have a special affinity to UMN, never been to the University there though :D

Hope, some day I will join you guys ;)

Maybe next year:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who have got the call please tell their US experience........on dental side or any masters??

My stats are:
NBDE- 93/85
TOEFL- 106
ECE- 3.5
Dental Experience- 6 months of volanteer as Dental Assistance in US, 2 university externships, 3 years of experience in home country.
Applied to Umn in June, got application completion email from Umn on july 12th..........but havent got the call .......can you please guide me how I can strengthen my application?

In my opinion, you will get an interview call from UMN for sure .
Just wait! :)

deepikaa,
Oh yea ...sure you'll get a call soon. you've got a nice set of achievements, and I noticed (nothing official) that UMN and UPENN appreciate any experience in the US.
BTW, congratulations on your Part II. Good score :thumbup:

hi every one
I just called UMNN to cancel my interview and application.
new space is available now for sep 26th. someone is getting a call soon.:thumbup:
wish u the best and good luck every one.:luck::luck:

:thumbup:good luck syriana, with whatever u choose...

hi every one
new space is available now for sep 26th. someone is getting a call soon.:thumbup:

hi every one

i guess we'll see each other in May in Chicago, right?:)

i guess we'll see each other in May in Chicago, right?:)

thanks ITSME. appreciate ur support. wish u always the best:thumbup:

yes starry, its Chicago;)
UIC is a great choice. I'll cancel also all my other applications (which coasted me more than $600:D:laugh:) u were lucky in applying to UIC only:thumbup:
look forward to meeting u there. keep in touch:luck:

UIC is a great choice. I'll cancel also all my other applications (which coasted me more than $600:D:laugh:) u were lucky in applying to UIC only:thumbup:

see you in May and keep in touch:)

thanks syriana...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who got an interview! Just be yourself. I am a D3... you can ask me any questions. I will be happy to help you.

hi g3k , would u pls give me some information about umn!
tanx

hey .. congrates for your uic.. hey what do you suggest should i contact uic... I haven't got any infromation yet.... I applied in june ..

hi g3k , would u pls give me some information about umn!
tanx

Chek out the links I ave posted on this thread. That should help you enough. But if you have more questions I will answer them.

hi g3k -

Thanx .. Could you tell us how many people interviewed for the school usually and for how many seats?

Chek out the links I ave posted on this thread. That should help you enough. But if you have more questions I will answer them.

hi g3k -

Thanx .. Could you tell us how many people interviewed for the school usually and for how many seats?

Last year there were close to 600 to 700 applicants; if I am right 384 were interviewed and 10 were accepted.

Last year there were close to 600 to 700 applicants; if I am right 384 were interviewed and 10 were accepted.
Goodness woman! :confused: I was thinking about a total of 100 interviwees!
in the FAQ they wrote: 3 stops during the cycle, with 3 selected after each stop...so it means that at each stop they invite 100 candidates!!to choose 3 :eek:!!
Once in here they talked about UPENN inviting half of their candidates :rolleyes:

This year, the school received 484 applications
(from 50 different countries) for 10 openings
in the second PASS class that will start May, 2007.
Sixty-five students were interviewed;
10 have been accepted.

Source: Dentistry Magazine (Spring 2007), page 7 (9)

I wonder how many applicants UMN received this year...

Some universities follow a really complex formula in selecting interviewees and accepting students.

This year, the school received 484 applications
(from 50 different countries) for 10 openings
in the second PASS class that will start May, 2007.
Sixty-five students were interviewed;
10 have been accepted.

Source: Dentistry Magazine (Spring 2007), page 7 (9)

My bad... I am sorry. I guess I had the numbers wrong :oops:. I just confirmed and yes, you are right. It was 484 applicants and 65 interviewed and 10 accepted. I stand corrected!

g3k
Actually, I was very amazed with the information you provided... It doesn't make sense to interview so many candidates... But you wrote the number 384... Not 400 or 350, but exactly 3-8-4!!! So this is why I tried to confirm these numbers and fortunately came across that magazine...

Anyway, thank you so much for time and your helpful posts! You are the best! :D

g3k
Actually, I was very amazed with the information you provided... It doesn't make sense to interview so many candidates... But you wrote the number 384... Not 400 or 350, but exactly 3-8-4!!! So this is why I tried to confirm these numbers and fortunately came across that magazine...

Anyway, thank you so much for time and your helpful posts! You are the best! :D

See I wrote 384 interviewees instead of 484 applicants... guess I misunderstood. Anyway, it is clear now.

will umn call more people for interviews? after the first few people, it looks like no one has received any calls yet.....:confused:

has anyone who applied around the 3rd week of aug. heard frm UMN?

Hi G3k,

I went thru the website and it says there is a potential strike and review process might be delayed. Is this true. I am not able to contact Janet to know my status. What do you suggest how should I contact her.

Molar and the rest - There is a strike going on at UMN - Staff strike for a pay rise. Students will be called. Please be patient. Hopefully they should resolve it in a few days and everything should return to normal. Janet is on leave and will be back soon. I don't know when but I can find out. You must realize that there is no point in calling to check your application status. It will only hinder your application. You have submitted it and they know what to do. Please trust me they have not forgotten you. Once they have reviewed your application and made a decision you will be contacted. Be patient.

Molar and the rest - There is a strike going on at UMN - Staff strike for a pay rise. Students will be called. Please be patient. Hopefully they should resolve it in a few days and everything should return to normal. Janet is on leave and will be back soon. I don't know when but I can find out. You must realize that there is no point in calling to check your application status. It will only hinder your application. You have submitted it and they know what to do. Please trust me they have not forgotten you. Once they have reviewed your application and made a decision you will be contacted. Be patient.
Janet is back today, she called me to reconfirm my interview on Sept.3rd. Anyway I agree with G3. you cant just call them to check status. Its just like "heyy, you! do your job!". They are, along with Tufts', the most professional admissions that I ve ever dealt with... PATIENCE, you will be contacted on time! ;)

Janet is back today, she called me to reconfirm my interview on Sept.3rd. Anyway I agree with G3. you cant just call them to check status. Its just like "heyy, you! do your job!". They are, along with Tufts', the most professional admissions that I ve ever dealt with... PATIENCE, you will be contacted on time! ;)

I got the call to confirm interview too... and I agree, they are are very organized and professional, they make the whole application process really easy and that says a lot about the school... I am really crossing my fingers that I can get in....

a great congragulations to all who made it to the interview !!
all the best !!

g3k .. all ur post have been really very helpful .. i remember reading one in which u had posted abt different colleges.. bravo !! thanks !!

hope to u guys in the acceptance threads soon !!

u have got excellent application !
dun worry things will surely happen any time now !!
all the best !

Hi g3k,

Thank you very much for information and good suggestion.

Regards,
Molar19

Hi Monreal,

Thank you for the input. Good Luck:thumbup:

Best luck everyone... and don't forget to leave a seat for me :D

UMN Rulez

hey guys,,...
how did ur interviews go???:)

hey guys,,...
how did ur interviews go???:)

da interview was very casual .I was asked very general questions from international politics to geographical location of minnesota:).But one shud have a clear picture f why he wants to do dds and thngs like dat.The key to sucess is stay positive and be urself.you dont know wt they r looking for and even after da interview u dont know how did u do?:Dso do ur best , keep ur fingers crossed and see which way da wind blows.
best f luck to all

My interview is on oct 3rd. I will be reaching there on 2nd. Does any one else have it on same day? Where are you staying and how to commute to school? Gl and pls do reply.

Thanks for the info Shinwari... I wish you good luck...

its nice to know it went well... i m jus waiting to hear from umn,.... keeping fingers crossed for an interview.... lets c what happens...thanks for sharing ur experience with us...

da interview was very casual .I was asked very general questions from international politics to geographical location of minnesota:).But one shud have a clear picture f why he wants to do dds and thngs like dat.The key to sucess is stay positive and be urself.you dont know wt they r looking for and even after da interview u dont know how did u do?:Dso do ur best , keep ur fingers crossed and see which way da wind blows.
best f luck to all

It was an interview batch of 5 students from diff corners of the world and I would say that no one walked out of the place unhappy or thinking the interview did not go well.... UMN is a fab school and the program is great.. and I would be filling up this post if I started raving about Janet and dr. berthold and the diff people who interviewed us.. Extremely sweet and make wat u thot wud be a nerve racking experience into a very friendly one...and oh oh, did i miss out mentioning the other PASS students.. they're al very happy there and waiting for the new batch.... all the students seemed busy nd happy with the program

As shinwari said - at the end of it , u dont how u did or wat they r looking for.... but u land up being happy.. and all u have to is " be urself " and " be honest "... this may sound cliched and i used to get mad when i heard it from other ppl who went for their interviews... but i understood wat it meant after one... they've seen 1000s of students like us and know wat we r trying to say and do... SO DONT BULL ****... be honest and dont bother preparing anything... it was kinda personal conversation that u've come across with your school faculty.... Its more like a discussion.... abt anything that comes up in ur initial few minutes ...( mine was abt marriage betweeen indian doctors and engineers ... hehhehe)

so relax guys... dont waste ur energy getting stressed... Enjoy the school nd the interview..

Gd luck to all... its an amazing school...

Thank you Jayashree...
Can I ask you where did you stayed... and also, "girly" details about how did you dress, etc...?
Hope you receive your acceptance letter soon....

Thanks elto :)

stayed at days inn... thats like 0.6 miles away frm school and they have a complimentary shuttle to the school in the mornings..

and dress code - formal.. (jacket , pants kinda thing- or u cud wear a skirt too) wear a heel that u can possibly walk in when u take the tour of the school..

weather - its mid 50s .... but twasnt bad at all...

hi all
i had an interview with 4 other nice dentists on past wed , everything was good, the program, the school , Dr berthold , janet and all interviewers and...
i knew a little about the school and prog,becuz i live in MN, but it was better than what i knew and i expected.So i really hope and keep my fingers crossed to be one of the 10 accepted students:thumbup:

Hi elto .. cool to hear u preping for the interview.. work really paid off !!

I have a thing for UMN despite never been there even once till date !
and these wonderful reviews have now got me praying !!
Good luck to all !

regards !

Congratulations to everyone that was called.

Please read and take G3k advise to heart, she knows what she is talking about. With UMN you must be yourself 100%. Even though Dr.Berthold looks cool and sweet, but he is sharp, dont forget that he has 22 years of Pass interviews experince.

I love it here, even though I am resident of MN, but thank God I was accepted. It is realy worth every dime of my money:laugh:..

Well good luck.

hey guys did anyone else also got a call for 31st october...i jus received an email saying that i have an interview on 31st......:)

hey guys did anyone else also got a call for 31st october...i jus received an email saying that i have an interview on 31st......:)

good luck dental doc80:thumbup: u have awesome stats.... go rock it.....

good luck dental doc80:thumbup: u have awesome stats.... go rock it.....

thank you......i just hope that they dont end up rocking me out......he he he...:D

good luck to those waiting for interviews....hope to meet u some awesome guys over there....

hey guys did anyone else get interview call recently... after dental doc80??? jus anxious to know whats happening .....