UMN interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Hey, i wanted to ask you that how much of weightage is given to dental experience in US for the interviews. Did you have some dental experience in US?
Thanks.I didnot have any dental experience in US but I had 3 years in my home town.

Members don't see this ad.

hey
well i dont really know wat their criteria is for acceptance but once they call u for interview they r more interested in gauging ur personality more than scores as ppl with more score and experience werent accepted...as for me i have no experience in us as i have just come here ...i have graduated just last yr frm dental school

plzz advice guys...
what are the chances of the interview if I apply to UMN now?? is it worth or just waste of money????
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
finally got accepted!!!
Part1:90
ECE:3.4
TOEFL:111
Experience in Home Country:6 months
Experience in U.S:1 yr as dental assistant and observership
Schools applied:UMinn, UTHSCSA, U of Colorado, Upenn
Schools interviewed: UMinn(Dec12th)
Schools accepted:UMinn(Got the call on Dec 14th)
Congratulations to all those who got in and good luck to all those who are trying!!!
UMinn is a great school to get into. The Sim lab was awesome. The interview is very laid back but please do not lie to the interviewers. They are very experienced. Dr. berthold and Ms.Campanaro were very sweet.
Good Luck!!

plzz advice guys...
what are the chances of the interview if I apply to UMN now?? is it worth or just waste of money????
thanks

I think you should apply, and since you have to send notarized copies, you can post the application today and it can reach them the next day. I think they had a few more seats left when I was interviewed.
Good luck!!

congrats ksr,
umn is certainly a very beautiful college ,,,well i have got accepted there too and have already sent the deposit...
i just wanted to know have u applied for the loans?

Can anybody tell me as to what do they ask in an interview. Do I need to go through the subject matter.

I think you should apply, and since you have to send notarized copies, you can post the application today and it can reach them the next day. I think they had a few more seats left when I was interviewed.
Good luck
hey thanks a lot !!!

congratulations on making it through...I have been waitlisted and I have never prayed more fervently that some of the accepted students get accepted elsewhere so that mere mortals like myself stand a better chance of being accepted...anyways...congratulations to all of you who are in...good luck to those who are in a limbo like yours truly...and 'keep trying' to those trying...have a great new year

Hey SLS and DocDK,
Do not lose hope. I'm sure you will get in!!
Hey Polishandshine,
There is a thread that explains in detail about the interview at UMN.
I do not think there are any subject oriented questions. Its a personal interview.
Good luck!!!

hi all...
there s good news....i was scheduled for interview on 16th JAN ...
I just called up and informed them that i m not coming....
so someone is getting a call soon....yey...
all the very best to all of u...

I will be attending interview on jan 16, is anyone else scheduled for the same day?

Hi,
finally got accepted!!!
Part1:90
ECE:3.4
TOEFL:111
Experience in Home Country:6 months
Experience in U.S:1 yr as dental assistant and observership
Schools applied:UMinn, UTHSCSA, U of Colorado, Upenn
Schools interviewed: UMinn(Dec12th)
Schools accepted:UMinn(Got the call on Dec 14th)
Congratulations to all those who got in and good luck to all those who are trying!!!
UMinn is a great school to get into. The Sim lab was awesome. The interview is very laid back but please do not lie to the interviewers. They are very experienced. Dr. berthold and Ms.Campanaro were very sweet.
Good Luck!!
Congrats ksr:thumbup:
I have just written nbde PartI and waiting for the scores..........

HI ,
My stats are part1/2 =81/77. GPA 2.9. 5 years of teaching and private practice exp in home country. did DA and community work in US. Do you think I hold any chance for the interview?
please guide me.