UMPT Class of 2023 Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EazyE23

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I came across last years thread for acceptances and update info and I haven't been able to find one for this year so I thought I would go ahead and make it. Feel free to post any updates you have regarding UM's acceptances, interviews, or waitlist information. I interviewed Oct 25 and I haven't heard back yet. Looking forward to any updates you all can provide!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I just interviewed in November. The campus was amazing and the faculty were so nice and eager to speak to you. To be honest I don't expect a reply until after December considering all the holidays that are coming up.

Hey Everyone,

I came across last years thread for acceptances and update info and I haven't been able to find one for this year so I thought I would go ahead and make it. Feel free to post any updates you have regarding UM's acceptances, interviews, or waitlist information. I interviewed Oct 25 and I haven't heard back yet. Looking forward to any updates you all can provide!
Any update?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I interviewed on Nov 8th and haven’t heard anything yet. I’m still hopeful because many of the current students stated that they heard back at different times.

I interviewed on October 25th and was accepted on October 29th! I am highly considering attending but haven’t made a decision yet!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed Oct 18 and have not heard anything back. I am definitely trying to keep a positive mindset about it. Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed 11/22 and was accepted yesterday. Happy to say I will be attending!

I interviewed 11/22 and was accepted yesterday. Happy to say I will be attending!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You definitely will have a great experience attending, the school is amazing. I interviewed in November as well and I am still hoping to get my acceptance!

Does anyone know when Miami sends out if you’re waitlisted? I know all the current students said they heard back at different times. Then aren’t their deposits due about 10 days after being accepted?

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You definitely will have a great experience attending, the school is amazing. I interviewed in November as well and I am still hoping to get my acceptance!
Thank you! I hope to see you there, still plenty of time to hear back!

Does anyone know when Miami sends out if you’re waitlisted? I know all the current students said they heard back at different times. Then aren’t their deposits due about 10 days after being accepted?
There is a ten day window to decide but deposits are not due until the standard 1/15 to my understanding. The letter just says deposits are required closer to the program start date. Hope this helps!

Hey everybody, I was on this thread two years ago (as you can tell by my username). I'm a current student in the program and helped lead tours on the interview days! I've been in your shoes before. There is still a decent amount of time until some people may hear back. I believe interviews are still going on until the first week of February. In my experience, I actually interviewed on the last date of my cycle in February-2018. I was notified of being waitlisted in mid February (when everyone pretty much has to have UM reach out to them with a decision) and then found out I got in right before March. Patience is of the essence when hearing back from PT schools during interview season, I know that's easier said than done haha.

I was an athletic training major with a cumulative GPA of 3.8. I don't remember my prerequisite GPA off of the top of my head. My GRE scores: Verbal -150, Quantitative-154, and Writing -5.0. I had 101 observational hours in three different settings. A LOT of my resume was my volunteer work and clinical experiences I has done in AT.

I was 5/5 for schools and Miami was the only one I applied to outside of MA. For starters, I didn't even hear from U of Miami until after New Years about interview dates. It does takes a lot of patience. I know some programs want your admissions decisions within a week or two within hearing from them. It's a predicament I was in too. Some schools wanted my admissions decision with a deposit by a deadline that was set before I even had my interview with UM. It was a very tough spot to be in, but I made it! All good things come in due time!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I applied but still haven’t heard anything nor have I received an interview. I saw this forum & it has given me more insight about their process. Still have to keep my hopes up!

Aside from a “Happy Holidays” email on 12/23, I have yet to hear back from them after interviewing on 11/8. A friend who is a current first year had her interview in November and didn’t hear back until Feb 19th, so we definitely still have time. It looks like they only have 23 members on their facebook page, with 3 new additions in the past week. With a class size of 62 according to PTCAS, there should be plenty of seats left - hoping Jhelane can deliver us some good news soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Aside from a “Happy Holidays” email on 12/23, I have yet to hear back from them after interviewing on 11/8. A friend who is a current first year had her interview in November and didn’t hear back until Feb 19th, so we definitely still have time. It looks like they only have 23 members on their facebook page, with 3 new additions in the past week. With a class size of 62 according to PTCAS, there should be plenty of seats left - hoping Jhelane can deliver us some good news soon!
Yeah for sure! That makes me feel better!

I'm in the Facebook group and I can tell you that at least 4-5 of those people are students in the program already and one is Jhelane. Seems like there are still plenty of spots!

Reactions: 4 users
I passed on my spot, I hope it helps someone out!

I believe that they do go pretty deep on their wait list, and that they fill up seats as late as mid April!

Have people been notified they’re on a waitlist? I haven’t heard anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have people been notified they’re on a waitlist? I haven’t heard anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im not 100% sure but I think they’re only sending out acceptances as of now. I know they said we will hear back before March 1 so hopefully we will all hear something in the next two weeks. I am hoping to hear something soon!

Well it is getting close to March 1st, I think we should all hear back from them by then if I am not mistaken. So lets cross our fingers and hope for the best. Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck everyone!!! Crossing my fingers for everyone. :)

A reliable source informed me that admissions had their last official meeting today. Hoping that means decision emails tomorrow or early next week for those who have yet to hear back. There are only 24 members in the FB group (minus Jhelane and any current students), so they should have plenty of seats to fill. May the odds be ever in your favor!

A reliable source informed me that admissions had their last official meeting today. Hoping that means decision emails tomorrow or early next week for those who have yet to hear back. There are only 24 members in the FB group (minus Jhelane and any current students), so they should have plenty of seats to fill. May the odds be ever in your favor!

thanks for letting us know! Crossing my fingers. Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone! I applied but still haven’t heard anything nor have I received an interview. I saw this forum & it has given me more insight about their process. Still have to keep my hopes up!
Hey Brittney. Did you ever get an update ? I am on the same boat as you

Hey Brittney. Did you ever get an update ? I am on the same boat as you
Hey, so I actually reached out to Jhelane the associate director of admissions and asked if I could meet with her to go over my application, she then extended an interview invitation. I interviewed with them February 7th and they said everyone should hear back with a decision by March 1. I know the faculty and admissions committee had their meeting last Thursday so hopefully we will all hear back on March 1st. I believe they will let us know if we have either been accepted, deferred, or on their alternative "wait" list. I don't believe they will be holding anymore interviews. She also let me know some students get accepted the Friday before the program starts (mid-May). Just waiting to hear back!

Hey, so I actually reached out to Jhelane the associate director of admissions and asked if I could meet with her to go over my application, she then extended an interview invitation. I interviewed with them February 7th and they said everyone should hear back with a decision by March 1. I know the faculty and admissions committee had their meeting last Thursday so hopefully we will all hear back on March 1st. I believe they will let us know if we have either been accepted, deferred, or on their alternative "wait" list. I don't believe they will be holding anymore interviews. She also let me know some students get accepted the Friday before the program starts (mid-May). Just waiting to hear back!

Congrats on the interview! Also, I can't imagine being accepted into a program the Friday before it starts. That sounds extremely stressful lol but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Congrats on the interview! March first is on a weekend this year so I'm assuming maybe by Friday we will have a response. I wonder if their waitlist is separated into tiers or not.

I emailed them couple times. Didn't get a response l.oh well. Best of luck to you! Hope you get in!

Anyone else checking their email multiple times a day each day this week? lol. Also, does anyone know how likely it is to be rejected if you have an interview or is it typically you have an interview so you're accepted or waitlisted?

Last edited:
Anyone else checking their email multiple times a day each day this week? lol. Also, does anyone know how likely it is to be rejected if you have an interview or is it typically you have an interview so you're accepted or waitlisted?

It's all a game of percentages. If you get an interview, you're in a good spot and you've made it further than the majority of people. This is what I gathered during my interview at UM and asking questions:

- UM Applicants: ~700-1000
- Interview: ~250
- Acceptance: ~125
-Attending: ~80

Good luck and keep us updated!

It's all a game of percentages. If you get an interview, you're in a good spot and you've made it further than the majority of people. This is what I gathered during my interview at UM and asking questions:

Do you know about how many people are waitlisted? I also thought their class size was around 60-65 according to PTCAS.

I'm not entirely sure how many people get waitlisted, sorry. I think the class size ebbs and flows depending on the year.

Not only am I checking my email like multiple times but I am also looking at this forum from my desk at work a lot . Its been a slow week so I keep checking because its on my mind a lot.

Not only am I checking my email like multiple times but I am also looking at this forum from my desk at work a lot . Its been a slow week so I keep checking because its on my mind a lot.
Hahah same , too bad March 1st is on a Sunday ! Still have a few more days of self-torture lol.

Have you heard anything back?

Hahah same , too bad March 1st is on a Sunday ! Still have a few more days of self-torture lol.
Hopefully it’ll be sometime today or tomorrow. I’m not sure how they send out the emails but I can’t imagine anyone going in on a Saturday or Sunday to send the emails lol.

Have you heard anything back?

I interviewed 10/19 and was accepted 12/18, which I believe was the first true round of acceptances! I accepted my seat on 1/2, and withdrew my acceptance on 1/14 so that I could attend Hunter College. The fact that you got an interview in a really good sign. I hope you guys get into UM and I'm rooting for you all!

I’ve checked my e-mail probably 100 times already today lol. Good luck everyone!