Oct 26, 2019
Hey Everyone,

I came across last years thread for acceptances and update info and I haven't been able to find one for this year so I thought I would go ahead and make it. Feel free to post any updates you have regarding UM's acceptances, interviews, or waitlist information. I interviewed Oct 25 and I haven't heard back yet. Looking forward to any updates you all can provide!

Dec 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Hey, I just interviewed in November. The campus was amazing and the faculty were so nice and eager to speak to you. To be honest I don't expect a reply until after December considering all the holidays that are coming up.

Dec 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Hey Everyone,

I came across last years thread for acceptances and update info and I haven't been able to find one for this year so I thought I would go ahead and make it. Feel free to post any updates you have regarding UM's acceptances, interviews, or waitlist information. I interviewed Oct 25 and I haven't heard back yet. Looking forward to any updates you all can provide!
Any update?

Reactions: BrittneyDPT23
About the Ads
Dec 9, 2019
Hello, I interviewed on Nov 8th and haven’t heard anything yet. I’m still hopeful because many of the current students stated that they heard back at different times.

gailmarie95

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2017
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I interviewed Oct 18 and have not heard anything back. I am definitely trying to keep a positive mindset about it. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Determined19
Oct 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I interviewed 11/22 and was accepted yesterday. Happy to say I will be attending!

Dec 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I interviewed 11/22 and was accepted yesterday. Happy to say I will be attending!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You definitely will have a great experience attending, the school is amazing. I interviewed in November as well and I am still hoping to get my acceptance!

gailmarie95

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2017
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Does anyone know when Miami sends out if you’re waitlisted? I know all the current students said they heard back at different times. Then aren’t their deposits due about 10 days after being accepted?

Oct 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You definitely will have a great experience attending, the school is amazing. I interviewed in November as well and I am still hoping to get my acceptance!
Thank you! I hope to see you there, still plenty of time to hear back!

Oct 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Does anyone know when Miami sends out if you’re waitlisted? I know all the current students said they heard back at different times. Then aren’t their deposits due about 10 days after being accepted?
There is a ten day window to decide but deposits are not due until the standard 1/15 to my understanding. The letter just says deposits are required closer to the program start date. Hope this helps!

Feb 28, 2018
Status
Physical Therapy Student
Hey everybody, I was on this thread two years ago (as you can tell by my username). I'm a current student in the program and helped lead tours on the interview days! I've been in your shoes before. There is still a decent amount of time until some people may hear back. I believe interviews are still going on until the first week of February. In my experience, I actually interviewed on the last date of my cycle in February-2018. I was notified of being waitlisted in mid February (when everyone pretty much has to have UM reach out to them with a decision) and then found out I got in right before March. Patience is of the essence when hearing back from PT schools during interview season, I know that's easier said than done haha.

I was an athletic training major with a cumulative GPA of 3.8. I don't remember my prerequisite GPA off of the top of my head. My GRE scores: Verbal -150, Quantitative-154, and Writing -5.0. I had 101 observational hours in three different settings. A LOT of my resume was my volunteer work and clinical experiences I has done in AT.

I was 5/5 for schools and Miami was the only one I applied to outside of MA. For starters, I didn't even hear from U of Miami until after New Years about interview dates. It does takes a lot of patience. I know some programs want your admissions decisions within a week or two within hearing from them. It's a predicament I was in too. Some schools wanted my admissions decision with a deposit by a deadline that was set before I even had my interview with UM. It was a very tough spot to be in, but I made it! All good things come in due time!

Jan 20, 2020
Hi everyone! I applied but still haven’t heard anything nor have I received an interview. I saw this forum & it has given me more insight about their process. Still have to keep my hopes up!

About the Ads