You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNC ASOD Class of 2029 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by Ryxndek
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thrivingthroughlyf
Full Member
got in via call at 8!!
predentalstudent24-25
Full Member
Congrats omg!!! Were you IS or OOS?got in via call at 8!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dentite2029
New Member
Got an acceptance call!
thrivingthroughlyf
Full Member
is!Congrats omg!!! Were you IS or OOS?
predentalstudent24-25
Full Member
congrats!!! Were u IS or OOS?Got an acceptance call!
Dentite2029
New Member
Appreciate it! OOScongrats!!! Were u IS or OOS?
agustusblack
New Member
Big congrats! Do you mind sharing what interview group you were and like where your last name is in the alphabet? Getting nervous 😟Appreciate it! OOS
I’m so cooked
toothfairyyyy
Full Member
i have hope but i am scared
agustusblack
New Member
Do you think they're just done calling? You're more optimistic than I am rni have hope but i am scared
In past years I saw ppl get calls as late as 1 pm.
As late as tooth hurty
agustusblack
New Member
Im glad you can still crack dental jokes rn, im deadpan refreshing redddit and sdn rn
predentalstudent24-25
Full Member
I’m hoping they call us in the afternoon lol. Are you guys IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In state
PreDental_12
New Member
When do they normally send waitlist notifications? I’m feeling so hopeless rn just hoping for at least the waitlist 🙁
If you were interviewed but don’t get an acceptance you are automatically on an unranked waitlist. Unless they have changed it this year
PreDental_12
New Member
When is a good time to send a letter of intent?
Last year they sent a portal to sent it to around jan 12th
Since they have no reserved spots for the second wave like years before (all 80 spots given on first wave unlike 60 as before), is the extra spots that open going to be filled by their next top choices or the”unranked waitlist” that they typically start using after the second wave.
PreDental_12
New Member
I have no idea honestly. Hopefully they didn’t send all 80 yet but im not feeling very hopeful. What does the unranked waitlist even mean? Like we’ll be put in a random order not based on our application at all? That sounds kind of unfairSince they have no reserved spots for the second wave like years before (all 80 spots given on first wave unlike 60 as before), is the extra spots that open going to be filled by their next top choices or the”unranked waitlist” that they typically start using after the second wave.
Hopefully they aren’t as well, I just assumed since they aren’t having January interviews, all interviews are done so there would be no need to reserve spots. But I will email Monday and ask for clarity on their method this year.I have no idea honestly. Hopefully they didn’t send all 80 yet but im not feeling very hopeful. What does the unranked waitlist even mean? Like we’ll be put in a random order not based on our application at all? That sounds kind of unfair
And yes that is also what I think of when I hear unranked waitlist.
that's not what an unranked waitlist isHopefully they aren’t as well, I just assumed since they aren’t having January interviews, all interviews are done so there would be no need to reserve spots. But I will email Monday and ask for clarity on their method this year.
And yes that is also what I think of when I hear unranked waitlist.
it means they review everyone on the waitlist before the next round of acceptances rather than having a list that they just contact in order...
that's not what an unranked waitlist is
it means they review everyone on the waitlist before the next round of acceptances rather than having a list that they just contact in order...
Based on what criteria if not rank?
they start all over looking at entire applicationBased on what criteria if not rank?
and also class demographics start to play a bigger role...
Just got an email saying the class of 2029 and their wait-list are full/there won't be any more interviews FYI
No they didn't say anything else
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you accepted/waitlisted?Just got an email saying the class of 2029 and their wait-list are full/there won't be any more interviews FYI
Nope, just rejectedWere you accepted/waitlisted?
without interview?Nope, just rejected
Correctwithout interview?
BigToothPerson
Full Member
Just received a rejection email at 11 AM
"...the DDS Admissions Committee has completed its selection process for the Class of 2029 and its wait pool. Unfortunately, we are unable to extend an offer of admission or a wait pool invitation to you at this time."
😞
"...the DDS Admissions Committee has completed its selection process for the Class of 2029 and its wait pool. Unfortunately, we are unable to extend an offer of admission or a wait pool invitation to you at this time."
😞
ShimbaZ123
New Member
Just been rejected. Interviewed on September 7th.
Just got rejected. I did everything admissions told me to do last year, and interviews went great I thought. Oh well
sorry to hear...Just got rejected. I did everything admissions told me to do last year, and interviews went great I thought. Oh well
PreDental_12
New Member
Rejected 🙁(( my dream school I’m so devastated
I got the rejection email too...
Is anyone sus of their email? Is it a glitch or something? Mainly because UNC tends to ghost people and never really give out rejections, especially not this early on, and two, because where is everyone else who was accepted??... Usually, the SDN page is flooding with acceptances but we only had two people on here say they got in. Were there more?
Does anyone have statistics on how many people are on this page?
I am so confused with this admission cycle since there are no January interviews which meant everything was cut short but where are the accepted students at? It isn't adding up to me...
Is anyone sus of their email? Is it a glitch or something? Mainly because UNC tends to ghost people and never really give out rejections, especially not this early on, and two, because where is everyone else who was accepted??... Usually, the SDN page is flooding with acceptances but we only had two people on here say they got in. Were there more?
Does anyone have statistics on how many people are on this page?
I am so confused with this admission cycle since there are no January interviews which meant everything was cut short but where are the accepted students at? It isn't adding up to me...
ECU used to ghost people too but last year they sent out rejections for the first time. Maybe they are just changing the way they do things at unc. Unfortunate. Not sure why I was given an interview tbhI got the rejection email too...
Is anyone sus of their email? Is it a glitch or something? Mainly because UNC tends to ghost people and never really give out rejections, especially not this early on, and two, because where is everyone else who was accepted??... Usually, the SDN page is flooding with acceptances but we only had two people on here say they got in. Were there more?
Does anyone have statistics on how many people are on this page?
I am so confused with this admission cycle since there are no January interviews which meant everything was cut short but where are the accepted students at? It isn't adding up to me...
yeah this yr was weirdturns out to be a rejection for me too; seems like if you didn't get accepted on D-day then you're cooked for this year
12/16/24 I recieved this email "We extended our first round of acceptance offers on Friday, December 13th. While we understand you may feel disappointed after not receiving an acceptance call from UNC as of yet, we want to reassure you that our application cycle is still ongoing. Your application remains under active consideration, and you have been automatically included in our waiting pool.
Please complete this short survey to let us know if you would like to continue to be considered for a seat in our DDS Class of 2029. If you have decided to pursue your dental education elsewhere, please still submit this survey so we can update our records. If you would like to upload a Letter of Intent, there is space to do so. Please submit these letters here even if you have already contacted a member of our Admissions Office. Please complete this survey by JANUARY 13, 2025, at 5:00 PM (ET). "
Please complete this short survey to let us know if you would like to continue to be considered for a seat in our DDS Class of 2029. If you have decided to pursue your dental education elsewhere, please still submit this survey so we can update our records. If you would like to upload a Letter of Intent, there is space to do so. Please submit these letters here even if you have already contacted a member of our Admissions Office. Please complete this survey by JANUARY 13, 2025, at 5:00 PM (ET). "
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow12/16/24 I recieved this email "We extended our first round of acceptance offers on Friday, December 13th. While we understand you may feel disappointed after not receiving an acceptance call from UNC as of yet, we want to reassure you that our application cycle is still ongoing. Your application remains under active consideration, and you have been automatically included in our waiting pool.
Please complete this short survey to let us know if you would like to continue to be considered for a seat in our DDS Class of 2029. If you have decided to pursue your dental education elsewhere, please still submit this survey so we can update our records. If you would like to upload a Letter of Intent, there is space to do so. Please submit these letters here even if you have already contacted a member of our Admissions Office. Please complete this survey by JANUARY 13, 2025, at 5:00 PM (ET). "
that's amazingly transparent of them
especially from a school that has not been known for being communicative in the past...
Hi! To everyone accepted, do you know when the packets will arrive with the paperwork?
I emailed them asking this same question and they said anywhere between the 24th and 27th!
Has anyone who's gotten accepted received the Certiphi email yet?
belaypro
New Member
Thank you!!!!! I was really wondering lol. And yes I got it today, completed it this morning and it was finished on the afternoon.I emailed them asking this same question and they said anywhere between the 24th and 27th!
Has anyone who's gotten accepted received the Certiphi email yet?
futuredds_2029
Full Member
I know links are frowned upon but there's a dental shirt I found with UNC colors for admitted students, I'll post the link here: https://futuredoctorsofusa.etsy.com/listing/1848206107/filling-the-future-shirt-pre-dental
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 84
- Views
- 34K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 15K