Unc hbhe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leaher77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering who else had made the decision 100% that you are going to UNC HBHE. Are you going to the visit day? Do you think it is important for someone who has already decided to go to meet professors? When are you going to start looking for housing, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just wondering who else had made the decision 100% that you are going to UNC HBHE. Are you going to the visit day? Do you think it is important for someone who has already decided to go to meet professors? When are you going to start looking for housing, etc?

I'm really starting to think I should call them about not hearing back yet...I got my app in on Dec. 13th.

Many of the schools are behind in getting back to people because they had so many more applicants this year.

I visited UNC and I loved it. I loved the facilities and I loved how I was treated. I knew they had a great program but I was also looking for a program that would advocate and look out for me. Visiting definitely helped.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 100% about my decision to go to UNC for HBHE. I havent had a chance to visit and won't be able to make their visit day. I was hoping to be able to go sometime before the end of the school year but its not looking like I'm going to be able to manage the time off work. Looks like I have to figure out housing without being down there so if anyone has any tips on apartments/areas I would really appreciate any advice!!

I just called today to find out that I am wait listed for the MPH in HBHE. I live in Chapel Hill and only applied to UNC because my partner has 1.5 years left on her PhD here. I love the town however and have more than enough good things to say about it.

I attended the applicant information day two years ago and spent the last year and a half working to improve my chances of being accepted. Happy to answer questions about the area if you have them.

CaitieDid,

I'm 100% about my choice too. I've visited before because I used to work for UNC and from what I've heard from current MPH students, many of them live in Carrboro (they said it was an area kinda like Austin, TX-- lots of grad students, young, hip, lots of bars). The ones that I talked to that lived in Durham were unhappy with their decision because they felt far away from their fellow students.

I am also going to have to arrange housing without being down there but I'm not sure when to start looking or when to actually move down.

Did anyone make it own for the visit day this week? I've actually managed to arrange my work schedule and a cheap flight to go down at the end of April to check it all out. So I'm feeling much more comfortable about at least finding a place to live. I'm not sure if i'll be able to meet with any faculty but at least I'll get a tour of the school and possibly sit in on a class