UNC Interview Questions..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goal-getter

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who has interviewed at UNC or familiar with Chapel Hill area:

What and where are the more economical hotels to stay a night?
How far is the nearest airport from UNC? Approximately how much would a taxi cost from the airport to UNC?
Did you stay with a student host, if so, how did he or she contact you?
And any other helpful information you wish to divulge.

Thanks,

Goal-Getter

Members don't see this ad.

goal-getter said:
To anyone who has interviewed at UNC or familiar with Chapel Hill area:

What and where are the more economical hotels to stay a night?
How far is the nearest airport from UNC? Approximately how much would a taxi cost from the airport to UNC?
Did you stay with a student host, if so, how did he or she contact you?
And any other helpful information you wish to divulge.

Thanks,

Goal-Getter

Goal-getter,

Congratulations on your interview. I live here in CH, and I interviewed earlier this week. The closest airport would be Raleigh-Durham (RDU) which is about 20 minutes from here. I know a taxi would be really expensive, but they do have buses that can take you to Chapel Hill. I think it's the Triangle Transit Authority (check out this webpage http://www.dps.unc.edu/dps/ ) I'm not sure about a student host. You might want to call the admissions office. I know one girl I interviewed with rented a car and stayed at a hotel on 15-501. There's a Holiday Inn and a Sheraton that are pretty popular although I'm not sure about the rates. There are a lot of hotels around the area, and some like University Inn would even be on the free busline to campus. If you have any more questions let me know. Good luck!