UNC MED Program Summer 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RDHreadytobeDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Anyone applied to UNC MED summer program for 2017? I was wondering if anyone has heard back. Also if anyone has done the MED program and would like to share any useful information, it would greatly be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Anyone applied to UNC MED summer program for 2017? I was wondering if anyone has heard back. Also if anyone has done the MED program and would like to share any useful information, it would greatly be appreciated!

I applied this year and have yet to hear anything. I am getting a little nervous! I hope to get a yes soon!

I applied this year and have yet to hear anything. I am getting a little nervous! I hope to get a yes soon!

Are you doing Medical or dental? I am getting nervous as well! From other forums I read regarding the MED summer program (previous years) a lot of people got there notice the end of March, beginning of April. I hope to get a yes too! Good luck to us, lol. I'll keep you posted!

Members don't see this ad :)
the website says
*2017 MED APPLICATION DECISIONS WILL BE EMAILED OUT BY MARCH 31, 2017*

Reactions: 1 user
Now we must evaluate whether by March 31st means on March 31st, or earlier.

Are you doing Medical or dental? I am getting nervous as well! From other forums I read regarding the MED summer program (previous years) a lot of people got there notice the end of March, beginning of April. I hope to get a yes too! Good luck to us, lol. I'll keep you posted!

I applied for medical! I was waitlisted last Summer so I hope that I am successful this cycle. Best of luck and please keep us posted on any new info that you may receive and I will do the same!

Last edited:
I applied for medical! I was waitlist last Summer so I hope that I am successful this cycle. Best of luck and please keep us posted on any new info that u may receive and I will do the same!
Absolutely! Good luck, I hope you get in this time around!!

My friend that got in last year, received his invite on the 31st.

Reactions: 1 users
First time applicant, praying for all of us to be accepted into the program...

Members don't see this ad :)
last year when i was wait listed, they emailed me at 5:30pm

News

Attachments

• IMG_2670.PNG
    IMG_2670.PNG
    269.2 KB · Views: 121
I am also waiting on an decision. I'll let y'all know as soon as I receive an email. I had called and now I feel dumb for not checking the website.

-1st time applicant

I am also waiting on an decision. I'll let y'all know as soon as I receive an email. I had called and now I feel dumb for not checking the website.

-1st time applicant
Thanks I will do the same. Good luck!

-1st time applicant
You dental or Medical?

Does everyone get emailed a decision of denial, acceptance and waitlist?

I haven't heard anything either :( March 31 has a little less than 2 hours left....*tick tock tick tock* lol Good luck everyone!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
The program has really taken off as far as the number of applicants that apply each year. This must be a REALLY competitive class. I had a decision way earlier than this, last year. #Hopeful

I'm sure faculty are burning that midnight oil. That is if that haven't gone home yet.

They probably like "They can wait".

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wow! I wasn't aware that it is that competitive. And faculty are probably right, we can wait a few more days if they are understaffed. I'm just soooooooooooo impatient! Has anyone heard any reviews on this program? How helpful is it really? Do they only rank the top % of the class? Any insight would be great :)

Wow! I wasn't aware that it is that competitive. And faculty are probably right, we can wait a few more days if they are understaffed. I'm just soooooooooooo impatient! Has anyone heard any reviews on this program? How helpful is it really? Do they only rank the top % of the class? Any insight would be great :)

My girlfriend went through the program in 2014. They do rank only the top 20 students (pretty sure). They have a ceremony and recognize the most outstanding in each subject. She said all students are gunners. She said the most important for her was the connections she made.

My girlfriend went through the program in 2014. They do rank only the top 20 students (pretty sure). They have a ceremony and recognize the most outstanding in each subject. She said all students are gunners. She said the most important for her was the connections she made.

Oh my...okay. So what's the environment like? I thought it was for people who don't have a stellar GPA to enhance their application. I would've thought that gunners don't really fit that description.That probably sounds awful but you know what I mean....(hopefully)

Oh! And what is the schedule like? It is very stressful? (Both dental and med)

Oh my...okay. So what's the environment like? I thought it was for people who don't have a stellar GPA to enhance their application. I would've thought that gunners don't really fit that description.That probably sounds awful but you know what I mean....(hopefully)

I totally know what you mean! I think the program makes you into one. The fast paced classes force you to study. It is a simulated year 1 of Med school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/QUOTE]
Me too!
Yeah, I saw that but sometimes the actual thing is different, or just shorter. Well, I guess that's it for today. We'll probably hear next week!
Yes we will probably hear next week unless they are going to come in on a Saturday (wishful thinking) to finish up. I wish they would have updated their website to let us know when. This wait is killing me!

ImageUploadedBySDN1491050503.116121.jpg

Does this mean they will be working during the weekend?

SDN mobile

Last edited:
I'm sure faculty are burning that midnight oil. That is if that haven't gone home yet.

They probably like "They can wait".

I think it's only 3 people on the committee. After this cycle, I bet they increase the committee number!

I think it's only 3 people on the committee. I guarantee that after this cycle, the committee will increase its numbers to help review the apps!

I got waitlisted. This sucks.

"Success doesn't come without struggle"