UNC pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1104389

Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying to UNC, but under their pre-reqs for biology, it says the general bio lab needs to have vertebrae dissection. My current school doesn't have any foundations labs with dissection. Does anyone know how strict they are with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I never did a dissection and I didn't have any problems. I also went to undergrad at UNC and I can't recall a bio lab with dissection. Then again, I didn't have to take bio 101 so maybe I missed it.

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t even worry. All you have to do is input your classes and select the classes that fulfill that pre-req.

there is no way for UNC (or any school for that matter) to know what your learning objectives were or what you did in the class unless they read the course description for that specific class. Even then, a course description may not list a particular dissection even though you still perform it.

basically what I’m saying is there is no way in hell for UNC to know what you did in your classes. What dissections you performed or didn’t perform. They are not going to contact each undergrad for every student that applied and investigate if they performed this one stupid ass dissection.

input your classes and let them decide if you fulfilled the pre-req or not. It’s not like you’re trying to pass off planetary science as anatomy/physio. Chances are you’ll be fine

Reactions: 2 users