UNC School of Medicine Waitlist 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Have you been waitlisted IS or OS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How are my people feelin today?
I expect no updates until May... so feelin blah

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Movement is already starting. People on and outside of SDN have withdrawn their acceptance from UNC and the FB page went down by 2. Hope is alive and well peopleeeeee.....

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Movement is already starting. People on and outside of SDN have withdrawn their acceptance from UNC and the FB page went down by 2. Hope is alive and well peopleeeeee.....
I like the sound of that

Let everybody on the waitlast get accepted this cycle. Let's all hope together.

Reactions: 6 users
Y’all...this month is FLYIN by oh my gosh

Reactions: 3 users
Happy Hump day everyone! It was honors day at my university today and I took the time to reflect on how far I have come over the past three and a half years and I just wanted to say wow! We have done so much and grown into incredible, dedicated, high-achieving, kind people who want to dedicate their lives to helping others! To everyone in the group, you are all outstanding people who are going to make incredible doctors. I believe in you!

Reactions: 5 users
Alright guys! Our time is almost here. Starting in a few days, some of us will be hearing back from UNC!

Reactions: 4 users
Alright guys! Our time is almost here. Starting in a few days, some of us will be hearing back from UNC!
I keep pushing back studying for my mcat until after the 1st week of May. Let’s hope this gamble plays off.

It would be dope if movement starts next week but I'm thinking second week is probably more likely

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
It would be dope if movement starts next week but I'm thinking second week is probably more likely
That's when it happened last year. Not like I would ever neurotically check the thread from last year or anything!

• Haha
For all the nonsense that I have posted here in SDN, through thick and thin, I am glad I am not alone.

1619654537394.png

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone in the main thread said there are currently 155 people in the accepted GroupMe for UNC. Obv some people may not know there is a GroupMe but there may be hope! Anyone hear anything yet?

• Hmm
  • Care
Just to keep people updated; the Facebook page has now gone down to 190. Which means there are definitely less than 190 students currently in the CO'2025 (some people in the facebook group are admin or upper classmen). SOOOOOOOOO WL movement hopefully will be coming soon!

Just to keep people updated; the Facebook page has now gone down to 190. Which means there are definitely less than 190 students currently in the CO'2025 (some people in the facebook group are admin or upper classmen). SOOOOOOOOO WL movement hopefully will be coming soon!
It's weird because in the past Wake and Duke have started waitlist movement a couple weeks before UNC, which also triggers some movement/decisions for UNC as people accept/decline offers but everyone is so silent this year

It's weird because in the past Wake and Duke have started waitlist movement a couple weeks before UNC, which also triggers some movement/decisions for UNC as people accept/decline offers but everyone is so silent this year
maybe COVID has pushed some schools back... the 4/30 deadline remained the same but school are still slow... but those ware 2 good programs to keep an eye out for.

BTW - while the number of people in FB/Groupme decreases, the number of people taking this poll increases!!
1620388120681.png

maybe COVID has pushed some schools back... the 4/30 deadline remained the same but school are still slow... but those ware 2 good programs to keep an eye out for.

BTW - while the number of people in FB/Groupme decreases, the number of people taking this poll increases!!
View attachment 336496
The number is still lower than last years poll

I’m wondering if UNC overadmitted by a LOT and that’s why WL movement has barely started??

I’m wondering if UNC overadmitted by a LOT and that’s why WL movement has barely started??
Idk but I am feeling good about there being movement tomorrow or Monday. This is pure speculation though based loosely on trends from previous years.

Reactions: 6 users
This is my theory as well. Since by February 15 they can see how many of their accepted students are accepted into other schools as well, I’m sure they assumed a lot of their high stat accepted students would choose other schools.

Reactions: 3 users
I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED! Got the call yesterday at 10:41am but I had missed it. Decided to call back because I didn't recognize the # but I saw it was from Durham/Chapel Hill. Once I heard the name on the voicemail, I got super excited. Had to call back this morning to hear "Congratulations, you've been accepted into our incoming class at UNC” super stoked

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED! Got the call yesterday at 10:41am but I had missed it. Decided to call back because I didn't recognize the # but I saw it was from Durham/Chapel Hill. Once I heard the name on the voicemail, I got super excited. Had to call back this morning to hear "Congratulations, you've been accepted into our incoming class at UNC” super stoked
Yay!!! Congratulations!! That’s so exciting! I’m so happy for you!

Congratulations!
The Facebook group is down to 185 so hopefully more of us will be joining you soon!
Feels a little surreal after you're over the wall, but I know just how much hope and anxiety everyone has had in this cycle. I sincerely hope everyone here gets good news soon and the chance to have all your dreams come true :giggle:

• Love
Feels a little surreal after you're over the wall, but I know just how much hope and anxiety everyone has had in this cycle. I sincerely hope everyone here gets good news soon and the chance to have all your dreams come true :giggle:
Congrats on your acceptance! Did the dean call you or was it your interviewer?

Of you ladies/gents who got an acceptance call off the waitlist, would you be willing to reveal your stats? Im just interested if you think anything in particular led to your acceptance off the waitlist (Your Story, your Stats, any updates or communication with UNCSOM) - Thank you in advance for any advice!!!!

I am really hopeful that there will be more movement towards the end of this week (like there was last year). At this point though, it is difficult for me not to send some form of desperation email begging for a crumb of acceptance lol

I am really hopeful that there will be more movement towards the end of this week (like there was last year). At this point though, it is difficult for me not to send some form of desperation email begging for a crumb of acceptance lol
I’ve checked SDN like 15 times today to see if anyone else got accepted.

I’ve checked SDN like 15 times today to see if anyone else got accepted.
I've checked it like crazy today as well. Working on my personal statement and trying to change it up from the past two years... I am hoping that ill hear back before I have to submit next years application...

• Care
Now the fb group has 194 people. I guess other people heard back 🥺

Now the fb group has 194 people. I guess other people heard back 🥺
It is because people had requested to follow the page but they accept people in droves once they confirm you've been accepted. So it is not necessarily because people have gotten off the waitlist this week; it's more-so that people have been waiting to get into the group and they finally accepted them. This may not help much but at least it clarifies things a little bit.

I realize many of us here on SDN are neurotic but I would encourage everyone to not base your likelihood of getting the A - on the number of people in a facebook group. :) stay strong

Last edited:
I realize many of us here on SDN are neurotic but I would encourage everyone to not base your likelihood of getting the A - on the number of people in a facebook group. :) stay strong
I agree I feel like it's not over till later in June or beginning of July.