UNC School of Medicine Waitlist 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Have you been waitlisted IS or OS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UNCSOM, I love you still. Don’t keep me hanging. (Standing here outside your window with my boom box playing Peter Gabriel’s “In your eyes”)
🥺🥺🥺

Reactions: 1 user
UNCSOM, I love you still. Don’t keep me hanging. (Standing here outside your window with my boom box playing Peter Gabriel’s “In your eyes”)
🥺🥺🥺
Felt this in my heart, its currently feeling like a very one sided relationship

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, does anyone know if the portal updates before you get pulled off the waitlist?

I didn’t realize that being on UNC’s waitlist is one of my triggers. You learn something new everyday!

Reactions: 5 users
just to keep things interesting... down 4.

1621811300986.png

Reactions: 1 users
the silence for the past week.... not liking it :oops:

tbh it looks like waitlist movement is slow at a lot of schools. I don't expect UNC to be an exception. this year was weird

I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! And because I know what you guys are actually here for: IS 517, 3.5 undergrad, 3.9 graduate, AmeriCorps alum, and experience with other underserved NGOs. I like to think that the memes I posted on here are what put me over the edge.

Reactions: 8 users
I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! And because I know what you guys are actually here for: IS 517, 3.5 undergrad, 3.9 graduate, AmeriCorps alum, and experience with other underserved NGOs. I like to think that the memes I posted on here are what put me over the edge.
CONGRATS!!!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

CONGRATS!!!! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?
Thank you!! I interviewed in November, and I made sure to tell them to call superduper1151 next!
Best of luck to you all, and I hope to be classmates with you all this fall :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! I interviewed in November, and I made sure to tell them to call superduper1151 next!
you're so kind 😂!!! interviewed in November too :)

I interviewed in November too! Feel free to name drop me (if you remember) lol.

sooo how is everyone feeling? I still have some hope but maybe that is wishful thinking

sooo how is everyone feeling? I still have some hope but maybe that is wishful thinking
I mean i already submitted my primary for the next cycle... I feel like since the pandemic the waitlist isnt the same as in years past, not much movement at any schools. Always good to stay optimistic. Movement is occurring its just almost stagnant like :/

I mean i already submitted my primary for the next cycle... I feel like since the pandemic the waitlist isnt the same as in years past, not much movement at any schools. Always good to stay optimistic. Movement is occurring its just almost stagnant like :/
Same! I was put on 4 waitlists this year but given the smaller amount of waitlist movement I plan on submitting my reapp tomorrow :/

What is the last day to get called? Perhaps that is the moment to give up hope.

What is the last day to get called? Perhaps that is the moment to give up hope.
I was on the waitlist last year for UNC as well and got an email saying I had been denied off the waitlist like 1-2 weeks before classes were to begin. I think it was Mid to late July? Movement can still occur that late, but usually most of it occurs earlier on.

you can do the math... time for plan b, c, d, e, etc...
1623944155218.png

• Sad
  • Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the WL late last week!!!! I received a call from the dean around 8am!! I’m very excited and still can’t believe it! I interviewed in early October. There’s still hope y’all!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted off the WL late last week!!!! I received a call from the dean around 8am!! I’m very excited and still can’t believe it! I interviewed in early October. There’s still hope y’all!!
Now that you are in, do you get the sense that UNC has a full class?

Writing secondaries is so hard when my brain wants to hold onto the (false) sliver of hope of UNC still having spots

Writing secondaries is so hard when my brain wants to hold onto the (false) sliver of hope of UNC still having spots
I know it is very quiet here but you are certainly not alone. At this point, if anyone does not have an A anywhere, then I encourage Plan B. Orientation starts in 2 weeks. Maybe it seems like you can wait/delay two more weeks without any opportunity cost but the reality is that the new cycle has already started. I wish schools would just send the R letter and put this to rest... perhaps that will come in a week. All the best.

Last edited:
Has anyone on waitlist gotten a R letter?

Has anyone on waitlist gotten a R letter?
When I withdrew from the waitlist a few weeks ago, I was told the waitlist remains active until orientation day (July 28) so I don’t think they send out R’s before that.