UNC vs CU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undecided2021

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to get admitted to UNC and U of Colorado, Denver. I've spoken to a few people and very few of them recommended UNC over CU. Primarily stating that the near 150k difference in tuition is not worth it. I do have plans to eventually, somewhere down the road, not-sure-when do a residency. I am miserably confused and the date to make a choice is near. All help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I was fortunate enough to get admitted to UNC and U of Colorado, Denver. I've spoken to a few people and very few of them recommended UNC over CU. Primarily stating that the near 150k difference in tuition is not worth it. I do have plans to eventually, somewhere down the road, not-sure-when do a residency. I am miserably confused and the date to make a choice is near. All help is appreciated.
dental school?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh wait, never mind
CU is cheaper?
go there...
you haven't decided yet?
it's the middle of august...

go to the cheapest
especially when it is UNC...
Thanks. I have not decided yet. I am applying to the Advanced Standing program for foreign trained dentists through CAAPID. There is no thread like this in that forum so I posted here. Thank you for your reply.

I only wanted a general idea about the relative advantages/disadvantages of those two schools. I see that UNC is a really high ranking school but I am wondering if the extra tuition is worth it or not - given that I might in future do a residency. Will I regret not taking UNC then?

Thanks. I have not decided yet. I am applying to the Advanced Standing program for foreign trained dentists through CAAPID. There is no thread like this in that forum so I posted here. Thank you for your reply.

I only wanted a general idea about the relative advantages/disadvantages of those two schools. I see that UNC is a really high ranking school but I am wondering if the extra tuition is worth it or not - given that I might in future do a residency. Will I regret not taking UNC then?
oh, advanced standing
i was wondering why you were accepted and hadn't made a decision this close to the start of school
UNC is a great school
but cheaper is better
UNC could help you some if you want to do research or specialize, but it's difficult to justify $150k difference over 2 or 3 years of advanced standing...

Reactions: 1 users
oh, advanced standing
i was wondering why you were accepted and hadn't made a decision this close to the start of school
UNC is a great school
but cheaper is better
UNC could help you some if you want to do research or specialize, but it's difficult to justify $150k difference over 2 or 3 years of advanced standing...
Thank you. That makes sense.