monwilli

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I heard UNC sec was available. I've yet to receive an invite, and I'm and in state applicant. How many have received a UNC sec and what are your stats?

me: 32 MCAT; 3.88 GPA

GoDAWGS!

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
UNC only sends secondaries do people they are goin to be interviewing. I received an email syaing they got my AMCAS and would be contacting me if I was getting a secondary. I'd be suprised if anyone actually has their sec. yet.

Ginkneephur

Insane Since 1984
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
FL
Status
Medical Student
I got the same email and I'm an OOS applicant so I prolly won't be getting a secondary for awhile if ever...

CavalierMD

Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Medical
Same... I got an e-mail saying they have my AMCAS and that I better have saved an unborn baby gay whale if I want a chance at a secondary being OOS... :rolleyes:

:luck: to all!

OP
M

monwilli

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
thanks for the info, but I haven't even received an email from them.

CavalierMD

Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Medical
monwilli said:
thanks for the info, but I haven't even received an email from them.
When was your AMCAS verified? Maybe they just haven't gotten to yours yet...

OP
M

monwilli

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
June27th. I've received about 11 secondaries including wake's. I'm just getting a little nervous. I thought I had at least the numbers and experience for a secondary.

CavalierMD

Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Medical
monwilli said:
June27th. I've received about 11 secondaries including wake's. I'm just getting a little nervous. I thought I had at least the numbers and experience for a secondary.
Don't freak out yet... they haven't screened anyone. All they did was send an e-mail saying "oh look, we found your amcas laying around, we'll take a look-see and get back to you." No one's ahead of you in that respect. If it would make you feel better, give them a call in the morning... but they're not going to completely ignore you. They'll at least have the decency to flat out reject you ;)

:luck: :luck:

OP
M

monwilli

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanx CavMD, guess I'm freakin' out just a little too much. :)

CavalierMD

Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Medical
monwilli said:
Thanx CavMD, guess I'm freakin' out just a little too much. :)
:p It's entirely too easy to freak out in this game. I just try to keep it real... :cool:

CTtarheel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status
Medical Student
UNC's not a typical screener, I really wouldn't expect to hear from them until most people are hearing about interviews. Their secondary application is really more of an extension of the interview than a real secondary. Unless of course you're out of state (like me). Then I guess I hope they let us know sometime soon!

BirdmanRA

Fly in any weather!
10+ Year Member
May 13, 2006
NC
Status
Medical Student
YAY! They acknowledged my existence too!

AmygdalaGirl

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
i got the email today telling me that they got my primary application and then a half-hour later or so i got their supplemental application. i'm in state and my stats are decent but not unbelievably high or anything. good luck to everyone!!! i'm just waiting to find out that it's a fluke or something or to get an email taking it all back. but just to be sure, if i get a secondary, if i turn it in and all, i get an interview for sure, right?

BirdmanRA said:
YAY! They acknowledged my existence too!

CavalierMD

Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status
Pre-Medical
AmygdalaGirl said:
i got the email today telling me that they got my primary application and then a half-hour later or so i got their supplemental application. i'm in state and my stats are decent but not unbelievably high or anything. good luck to everyone!!! i'm just waiting to find out that it's a fluke or something or to get an email taking it all back. but just to be sure, if i get a secondary, if i turn it in and all, i get an interview for sure, right?
Yeah man, that's their game. You, my friend, just got an interview invite. Rejoice. Jump up and down. Dance on the furniture. Knock back a cold one. YOU have an INTERVIEW :clap:

Now go fill out that secondary!!

Oh, and, don't forget to post a shout-out on the Wall of Fame

Congratulations... :D

Ginkneephur

Insane Since 1984
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
FL
Status
Medical Student
CTtarheel said:
UNC's not a typical screener, I really wouldn't expect to hear from them until most people are hearing about interviews. Their secondary application is really more of an extension of the interview than a real secondary. Unless of course you're out of state (like me). Then I guess I hope they let us know sometime soon!
What do you mean their secondary is more like an extension of the interview than a real secondary? They prolly do in-state applicants first right? *sigh* It's gonna be a looooong year...

CTtarheel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I'd guess they do out of staters first, since they need to screen them once for secondary then again for interview. In staters only need to get screened for interview. Hold on, it's probalby going to be a while.

NC2007

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Anybody else getting anything from UNC? My friend got a secondary and I'm just wondering if They got all their secondaries out today.

CTtarheel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status
Medical Student
guess they're gonna make us out of staters wait then . . .