uncertified student loan lenders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docvino

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have run into a bit of a financial crunch, and need to borrow extra money.

Does anyone know if there are any lenders offering uncertified student loans?
According to my financial aid office they have already met my need by 100% and cannot certify an amount in excess of this even if I am approved for it.
So, I am seeking another loan option which I can defer until graduation.

I do have someone to cosign the loan.

I don't want to consider a personal loan, because I want to defer any repayment until graduation.

Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

So I have run into a bit of a financial crunch, and need to borrow extra money.

Does anyone know if there are any lenders offering uncertified student loans?
According to my financial aid office they have already met my need by 100% and cannot certify an amount in excess of this even if I am approved for it.
So, I am seeking another loan option which I can defer until graduation.

I do have someone to cosign the loan.

I don't want to consider a personal loan, because I want to defer any repayment until graduation.

Thanks for any advice.

I am also trying to find lenders who offer uncertified student loans. I know all the ramifications involved, and I still would like to get an uncertified student loan. However, I can't find any lenders who offer that.

Everyone I ask says the same thing: "most lenders do not offer them anymore". I get that most of them don't offer them anymore. Who DOES though? Is it official that literally no one is offering those loans and there is no point in looking for them? or is this an issue that most people simply don't know enough about and are simply assuming that "most" lenders do not offer them?

I'm a third year medical student with excellent credit, and I am just finding it hard to believe that there isn't a single lender out there willing to issue an uncertified student loan to a medical student with 3 credit cards that have a combined limit of over 50K. I am almost 30, and I know exactly what I would be getting myself into. I realize that I am technically unemployed, and I realize that I would be giving them zero collateral in return; however, I am two years away from obtaining my MD. Yes, no one is guaranteed a job these days, but if there is one group of professionals out there who aren't complaining about being unemployed, I would like to think it is physicians.

I could obviously use my credit cards as a last resort, but was interested in my other options. I just want to know if obtaining uncertified students loans is actually possible or not.

If anyone has ANY information at all, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.