Under Review Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressedpredent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I am starting to get extremely worried about my application status. It has been stuck at "under review" for more than a month now. This is for almost every school I have applied to. My app was complete and verified mid-June and the last interview invite I received was like early August. Is it possible something went wrong on AADSAS or the schools' end? I particularly fear that my application somehow got "lost" or misplaced at the bottom of the pile. I see many people that submitted WAYY later than me get interviews recently at the same schools I applied to. Something just doesn't seem right here

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Same boat here, I even tried emailing schools that said complete instead of under review and they sent me a response giving the date they sent my app complete please don't email about status email lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
I am starting to get extremely worried about my application status. It has been stuck at "under review" for more than a month now. This is for almost every school I have applied to. My app was complete and verified mid-June and the last interview invite I received was like early August. Is it possible something went wrong on AADSAS or the schools' end? I particularly fear that my application somehow got "lost" or misplaced at the bottom of the pile. I see many people that submitted WAYY later than me get interviews recently at the same schools I applied to. Something just doesn't seem right here
I wouldn't worry about it. As long as it says under review, you can be assured that the school is reviewing it. What that review process looks like is school dependent and could take longer than you may want or hope. Some schools don't even update that status at all. I had a few schools who didn't change my status from "under review" until I was accepted, and one who didn't even change it then. Some never change it, never contact you again, and never even notify you that you were rejected- it's just how they choose to do things. Try not to bother the school. Even though you may hear stories of people who did and it turned out favorably, I have talked to some admissions committees who confirm that they prefer nobody contacts them unless they are asked to or there is a legit update to your application (significantly more shadowing hours, retook the DAT, etc).

Under review is good. It means exactly that - they have your application and are actively reviewing it. No need to pester them with questions regarding whether they have your application or not.

Reactions: 3 users
How many schools have you applied to, and how many interviews have you received so far? I don't think there's anything to be concerned about since you've received interviews already, so your application is clearly intact and not lost somewhere.

People applying later than you and getting interviews sooner happens all the time - you're never guaranteed an interview anywhere even with good stats. It's possible these candidates had something on their application that made them more appealing for earlier interviews to the schools in question. Completely normal.

Reactions: 1 users
How many schools have you applied to, and how many interviews have you received so far? I don't think there's anything to be concerned about since you've received interviews already, so your application is clearly intact and not lost somewhere.

People applying later than you and getting interviews sooner happens all the time - you're never guaranteed an interview anywhere even with good stats. It's possible these candidates had something on their application that made them more appealing for earlier interviews to the schools in question. Completely normal.
Whatever happened to the first come first served?

Reactions: 1 users
Whatever happened to the first come first served?
Yea, i dont think that applies anymore. Im thinking since the batches are gone, schools are now able to see all of their options right in front of them and pick and choose. I personally had my application completed and verified before the end of June and it seems like people who have submitted in August have received interviews ahead of me. I guess it really is up to what the school specifically like on your application now more than when you submit. Im sure its still better to submit earlier but I dont think its a much greater advantage. Just gotta sit back and be patient now :)

Same here. Under review for like 4 schools for the last 1-2 months. Wish they'd tell me if I'm out but like some people said maybe they keep reviewing files as they get new ones.