under the extracurriculars section....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prydA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to think up of things to fill up my extracurriculars list as much as possible. Do you think it would help me or harm me if I put down things that have nothing to do with dentistry? For instance, like Breakdance Club, Guitar Players Club, or Liondancing Association (some Chinese ethnic thing)?

Thanks for any advice!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to think up of things to fill up my extracurriculars list as much as possible. Do you think it would help me or harm me if I put down things that have nothing to do with dentistry? For instance, like Breakdance Club, Guitar Players Club, or Liondancing Association (some Chinese ethnic thing)?

Thanks for any advice!!

I would put all of that there. :) I only had ~3 things in my extracurriculars that were dental-related. The rest were other clubs and community service projects. I think the main reason for this section is to highlight how well-rounded you are. A few dental-related things will show how you are interested in dentistry, but other unrelated things makes you a unique individual. Good luck!

Definitely put down things that are not related to dentistry. It shows that you are more well rounded. I had things like "Columnist for (name of campus satire news paper)" and "studio musician" for some of the non-traditional ones. One of my interviewers talked to me for 10 minutes about my experiences in recording studios, and the mention of the satire news paper opened it up for us to make jokes during the interview.