Undergrad Institution

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Of course not. I have no reason to make this up.

I think you have missed my entire point that schools along the same tier are basically equal to each other. The OP's question was does it matter where you go to school, and the answer is no, it really doesn't unless you went to a top 15 school or went to a community college. Beyond those extremes, it really doesn't matter.

Of course, that can change if you want to start discussing the possibility of going to a state school for undergrad and then applying to the same state school's medical school, but that is a different story.

Then you originally meant to say "moving within a tier" does not make a difference, when you said "moving between tiers" does not make a difference. Your corrected statement, that top 15 are the same, middle of the pack are the same, and community college are the same...more true than before.

Members don't see this ad.

Then you originally meant to say "moving within a tier" does not make a difference, when you said "moving between tiers" does not make a difference. Your corrected statement, that top 15 are the same, middle of the pack are the same, and community college are the same...more true than before.

I see. I didn't realize my typo from before. Thanks for pointing it out.