• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

M

macinici

after a science class was over have you ever used your lab notebooks again for MCAT studying, etc. or you never looked at it again?

what's the general trend regarding lab notbeooks?

is this ther right thread to be posting this in? if not my bad.

About the Ads

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
Right behind you
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
i've got my old 1316 lab notebook if you want to have at it

Oh dear, that would be nice. :D I spilled sulfuric acid (granted, it was diluted) all over mine, so I think I got some revenge at least.

Now I wish I could also walk by the 3rd floor of the BSB w/o being able to say "It smells like flynap!!" I swear I could smell flynap everywhere for at least 6 months after genetics lab was over.

Mubash'shirah

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2006
The South
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Oh dear, that would be nice. :D I spilled sulfuric acid (granted, it was diluted) all over mine, so I think I got some revenge at least.

Now I wish I could also walk by the 3rd floor of the BSB w/o being able to say "It smells like flynap!!" I swear I could smell flynap everywhere for at least 6 months after genetics lab was over.

:barf: I hated the smell of flynap...

as for lab notebooks I really want to toss mine away. I don't think I ever got the one for my Bio I lab back...

About the Ads

foofish

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
after a science class was over have you ever used your lab notebooks again for MCAT studying, etc. or you never looked at it again?

Ha, I never even looked at lecture notes for MCAT studying, nevermind a lab notebook. When the time comes, get yourself some good study guides, and you'll be all set.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
Status (Visible)
i found all mine and was about to throw them all out knowing i would never use them again, when i looked through and saw how much i wrote and felt bad throwing them all out....:cool: hopefully i'll just throw them out really soon

Genetics

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2006
Status (Visible)

what's the general trend regarding lab notbeooks?

is this ther right thread to be posting this in? if not my bad.

Undergraduate lab books are used to teach you how to maintain a lab book and how to record data, methods, etc. There really isn't any use for them beyond that.

WildTumor

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
My orgo professor required that we submit our lab notebooks to her at the end of the semester....she never gives them back.

green453

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
My orgo professor required that we submit our lab notebooks to her at the end of the semester....she never gives them back.

I guess you couldn't sell them to an unsuspecting freshman then...

Our Orgo lab prof collected carbon copies out of our books, so if they wanted to, they could check for future cheating.

Auron

Cruisin' the Cosmos
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I just bought a carbon(less) lab notebook for orgo, it was required.
I didn't know you guys hated lab so much LOL, they're easy as hell.

MD82

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
i think i'll use the pages for padding for boxes when i move this summer;)

thedelicatessen

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I toss them but only after I skim through the stuff I wrote to remember how much I learned in lab. It's amazing how things that seemed so hard at the beginning seem so simple at the end. Aside from the sentimentality, I get quite a rush from getting rid of those old notebooks :).

I just bought a carbon(less) lab notebook for orgo, it was required.
I didn't know you guys hated lab so much LOL, they're easy as hell.
Not if you take analytical chem lab at my school. That lab is very difficult. Most other labs are pretty simple, but the tedium really gets to me.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.