Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello to whoever is reading this,
this is going to kind of be a lengthy post. Sort of venting my confused thoughts and frustrations as I approach senior year and confused about my chances of being accepted into a DPT program.
So, my overall GPA right now is a 2.88. I have 2 more semesters left, both are taking 16 credits. So within that time period I am going to give it my all to break a 3.0 (since thats the minimum GPA anyway)
My science classes:
I have a C and B+ in Gen bio
2 B's in Anatomy and phys. However, I took AP 1 three times before I actually passed. (F and D were my previous grades)
I completed chem 1 with a C+ and I am just about to finish chem 2. Not sure what that final grade will be but currently holding a low B.
I then have to complete physics and then I am completed my science classes.
I am concerned with my GPA not being excellent that schools won't even look at me. I don't want my GPA to hold me back from going to grad school.
I haven't taken the GRE's yet and I haven't really volunteered places.
I have 25 hours inpatient, but thats it.
I plan to volunteer as much as I can but I am also thinking about taking a year off after graduation to focus on the GRE and my experience but I don't know how to go about finding more opportunities.
Do you think that is a wise decision? My main worry is my low gpa. I am not opposed to applying out of state, I literally will go wherever that will take me. The question is, will they take me?
My parents want me to graduate already because I am a year behind, but I don't know if I should officially graduate if i have a low gpa.
Has anyone else been in my shoes or knows what to do to improve myself? I work so hard for some of the crappy grades that I got and it frustrates me.
Any advice would be appreciated.
this is going to kind of be a lengthy post. Sort of venting my confused thoughts and frustrations as I approach senior year and confused about my chances of being accepted into a DPT program.
So, my overall GPA right now is a 2.88. I have 2 more semesters left, both are taking 16 credits. So within that time period I am going to give it my all to break a 3.0 (since thats the minimum GPA anyway)
My science classes:
I have a C and B+ in Gen bio
2 B's in Anatomy and phys. However, I took AP 1 three times before I actually passed. (F and D were my previous grades)
I completed chem 1 with a C+ and I am just about to finish chem 2. Not sure what that final grade will be but currently holding a low B.
I then have to complete physics and then I am completed my science classes.
I am concerned with my GPA not being excellent that schools won't even look at me. I don't want my GPA to hold me back from going to grad school.
I haven't taken the GRE's yet and I haven't really volunteered places.
I have 25 hours inpatient, but thats it.
I plan to volunteer as much as I can but I am also thinking about taking a year off after graduation to focus on the GRE and my experience but I don't know how to go about finding more opportunities.
Do you think that is a wise decision? My main worry is my low gpa. I am not opposed to applying out of state, I literally will go wherever that will take me. The question is, will they take me?
My parents want me to graduate already because I am a year behind, but I don't know if I should officially graduate if i have a low gpa.
Has anyone else been in my shoes or knows what to do to improve myself? I work so hard for some of the crappy grades that I got and it frustrates me.
Any advice would be appreciated.