1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Undergrad Studies

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Medicalman, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Medicalman

Medicalman Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Does anybody have any recommendations on what Undergrad courses to take prior to Med School?

#1 Medicalman, Apr 22, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. curlycity

curlycity Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I don't think Nursing would be the *best* choice...but I don't know what that curriculum involves in Canada.

I think a broad background of good science courses + courses that will give you a good grip on how the world works (history, language, sociology, finance) will serve you the best - you'll be qualified for the MCAT and have well-informed opinions to share at your interviews.

4. curlycity

curlycity Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    By the way, in my opinion, B.C. is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Fond memories of childhood camping trip!!! Thanks for reminding me!!!

5. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Really, take whatever interests you. It should be a time when you are learning through the med school requirements and enjoying your time through taking classes that interest you. Have fun.

I don't think I would recommend nursing though.