Undergrad. Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a question about whether or not community college LETTER GRADES appear on an UNDERGRAD. TRANSCRIPT from a 4-YEAR UNIVERSITY?

Here is my case explained a little better.....I took calculas my senior year of high school and earned an A first semester and a B the second semester. The class, was through my J.C. and does transfer to the UC that I will be attending but do the letter grades also transfer or only the units that I took?

And if only the units transfer than do I have to take calculas again as a freshman b/c all pre-med courses have to be take for a letter grade (to my knowledge that is)?

Any insight to this is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks everyone.

A realistic yet hopefulMD.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll have to send AMCAS copies of your transcripts from both your undergrad institution and your community college. I think whether the grades show up on your UG transcript depends on the school.

I don't think you'll have to retake anything. I have courses that are 13 years old (yes, I'm old) and the schools to which I'm applying don't have a problem with it. I think they'll accept your courses as long as you send a transcript from the community college (which you are required to do anyway).